No power, no backup

Reaction score
My plug powers gone out, was busy with some nursery cabling, and caused a short, so breaker tripped. Now breaker doesnt want to switch back up. I've switched off all appliances, but nothing. When it does stay up, any appliance trips it again. Lights working fine though.
Wot do i do? I been manualy pouring water from sump into tank to try to keep it oxygenated.
Is the breaker blown? Any suggestions? No power to tank since 0:00, its now 2:25.

The plugs in the house/flat should be on more than one circuit - use an extension lead and try from another plug.

It certainly sounds as if either the circuit breaker has been damages, or (more likely) one of the wires is making a short - the insulation has probably melted when you caused the original short. Does just the one circuit breaker trip, or does it cause the earth leakage to trip?

Hennie

just a stupid sugestion, but most breakers once tripped, need to be reset by pulling the switch lever down then back up to the "on" position, other wise it will not hold in the "on" position.

Have you come right Irshaad, obviously some plugs still work (PC) using a lead to use a plug of another circuit is your best short term solution.

Thanks guys.
I tried switchin off everything off by the mains and switchn all back on again. Didnt work. The breaker keeps tripping, even with nothing plugged in. So cant get any plug to work. Sometimes it stays up, and i can plug in a small radio and it works, but anything heavier, and it trips again. I managed to steal current from the lights for main pump. Now im just gona wait till electrician gets here.

Hi irshaad

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, please let me know if you need any help (Generator).

just a stupid sugestion, but most breakers once tripped, need to be reset by pulling the switch lever down then back up to the "on" position, other wise it will not hold in the "on" position.

This is really NOT a stupid question - MANY people don't know this, until they learn it the first time...

Irshaad, are you getting an electrician out today (Sunday) - good luck in finding one :whistling:

Hennie

Is it the earth leakage or the Circuit Breaker that has tripped? Dont just switch off all appliances you actually have to unplug them as you could have picked up a fault betwen neutral and earth.

Hey guys all sorted. Got an electrcian, replaced breaker, set me back R400 incl breaker. Fish n coral doin fine!Thanks for the support and offerd assistance. U guys amazing!

Glad to hear you got sorted on a Sunday nogals!!!

Back
Top Bottom