No pe on my pincushion

Reaction score
I am starting to get a bit worried. my pincushion has had no pe for more than 2 days now. i have seen him retract like this for a few hours but never for this long. all the other softies seem to be 100%. i have checked all my params and they are in check. has anyone experienced this before. he has been a healthy specimen for over 6 months now and there is one of its "babies" right next to it which is hundreds.

I've given up on my Pin Cushions, all 3 of them have had no PE for about 2 months now, yes - 2 months. Also got good params, alk, ca, ph etc. I don't know, every now and again I will get half a PE.

Ok..... so at least its not dead. what i dont understand is that this guy has had full pe for 6 months and has grown to double the size when i got him and then just bam.... nothing for 2 days. how would i tell that it is dead, before he starts rotting and falling apart.

Sounds pretty much the same as mine, they were literally thriving and growing pretty quick, full PE and looked very nice, now they just look like fat ticks :( I honestly don't know, I have moved them to different areas of the tank, different lights, different flow, nothing seems to help, yet I have 4 babies, 1 of them is about 3cm high and has full PE every day, the other 3 are still very small but they also have decent PE. I have no idea.

I assume when they start going all soft and mushy then they are pretty much dead. Mine are still nice and hard and firm, feel good to the touch, I am really at a loss as to why they are doing this. Everything else is thriving.

mmmm. strange one hey! anyone out there who can shed some light on this for us

i had the same porblem in my old system with 2 of my pincushions.for 3 months they never opened at all,and eventually when the tank burst they died.but there was another one that i had in there and it was open at first light everyday.wired

Pin cushions, in my experience will do this occasionally. One of the reasons is to clean themselves, like a renewal system.

They retract and then secrete a layer of transparent mucus that forms a film. They may stay like this for a while and then it peals off and they go back to normal.

Often happens too as a response to some stressor or change in some parameter. Sometimes take a while to come back

What the heck is PE?

In any case, Wizard, when I had a Pin Cushion, He usually choose one week out of every month to retract. Almost like a woman's cycle. But he grew and was very healthy other wise. So i'd say give him a few days and see what happens.

Cheers

Mine are still nice and hard and firm, feel good to the touch,

If you've got blonde hair and blue eyes, here's my number 08.........

viper said:
Also got good params

and off the chart po4 readings:lol:

sorry man had to, i better shut up tonight

says you with the dumb ass questions and mosts posts :razz:

i chose looks over brains what can i say:lol:

Back
Top Bottom