NO MORE NSW @ Research Institute in Sea Point

Reaction score
I went to collect water this morning at the Research Institute in Sea Point and there was a sign on the door saying that there's no more NSW to the public until further notice!!! I rang the door bell on the intercom and this lady with tons of attitude said to me that I must read the sign and that there won't be any more NSW untill further notice and that they'll make a decission at the end of Jan 2009 if they will ever supply to the public again!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(

Can anyone shed some light on this? I was not given a reason when I asked why. I was just told that is how it is.

yet they supplied some guy with 1000L this morning for his tanks.... double standards?

Sorry Jaak - I meant to create the thread - as we discussed. BUT, I was in laa-laa-land due to my medication. I have contracted some virus or another.....
Hope it is not the HI variant... ;)

Sorry Jaak - I meant to create the thread - as we discussed. BUT, I was in laa-laa-land due to my medication. I have contracted some virus or another.....
Hope it is not the HI variant... ;)

No Worries Jacquesb. It's all good. I'll give you a call just now.:thumbup:

I know there's plenty guys who collect water at the research institute and there must be some guys who's got a contact or two there. Any ideas of what's going on there? They don't even answer their friggin phones!!??

Dont take the lady with the attitude to heart,she has the same attitude everyday and not just when they dont want to supply NSW:thumbup:

Flappy - I could care less about her and her attitude... I just want to know what is the status with regards to the supply of NSW?

i keep some animals at the aquarium.
i spoke some of the guys there last year and they said that alot of people were abusing the free water, saying they were only taking 50l but in reality they would take 500. The aquarium had a daily amount that they would allow the public to take, but found this hard to control when people werent being honest about how much they were taking. They also did a massive upgrade on there filter systems last year, so the water is alot more expensive now.
You also have to realise that some serious research gets done in there, and the people doing the research pay quite a bit to use the space/water and it would be unfair on them if their experiments are compromised because the public is taking too much water.

i keep some animals at the aquarium.
i spoke some of the guys there last year and they said that alot of people were abusing the free water, saying they were only taking 50l but in reality they would take 500. The aquarium had a daily amount that they would allow the public to take, but found this hard to control when people werent being honest about how much they were taking. They also did a massive upgrade on there filter systems last year, so the water is alot more expensive now.
You also have to realise that some serious research gets done in there, and the people doing the research pay quite a bit to use the space/water and it would be unfair on them if their experiments are compromised because the public is taking too much water.
Now we're getting somewhere!! This explanation of yours 459b makes total sense. I wish they could just say this. I completely understand where you're coming from. Maybe they should put a price on the water, Rx per 25l. Or even a limit like @ 2Oceans where you can take a max of 400l per week. We all come and put money into their tin they shove under your nose the moment you walk in there. I honestly don't have a problem with paying for it. I love their NSW and would really like to continue using it. I can only think that it's all these maintenance companies that come there on a daily basis and collect hundreds of litres that has killed it for the rest of us.
Is there any way that you can find out for us whether this will be a permanent ruling or not?

is there any way that you can find out for us whether this will be a permanent ruling or not?

i tried to finds out yesterday, but there wasnn't really anyone around. I dont go to the aquarium as often as i used to, but will try and find out whats going on.
The research aquarium doenst have enough staff to properly monitor the water.
You used to have to pay a set amount for the water, im not sure why they stopped that. I was once told that they gave out water as a service to the public, but personally i would prefer paying a set rate rate than having that tin shoved at me!

i tried to finds out yesterday, but there wasnn't really anyone around. I dont go to the aquarium as often as i used to, but will try and find out whats going on.
The research aquarium doenst have enough staff to properly monitor the water.
You used to have to pay a set amount for the water, im not sure why they stopped that. I was once told that they gave out water as a service to the public, but personally i would prefer paying a set rate rate than having that tin shoved at me!

Thanks, that'll be great!

amalick & jacquesb - i'll give 2oceans water a try as I am a member there.
jacquesb - i'll give you a call over the weekend...

Back
Top Bottom