No coraline algae on LR

Reaction score
Hi

I have used coral skeletons (completely white) in addition to shop bought LR in my nano.

8 months later, my back glass and pumps are covered with coralline algae growth and I have to clean my glass regularly to prevent it from growing on the viewing areas.

Yet, I have no growth on the coral skeletons?

My CUC is doing a good job and also have no green algae growth on it.

Calcium levels are high, and getting good coral growth.

What am I doing wrong?

Quite possibly nothing, slow coraline growth is good - all it does is bung up your liverock.

Totally agree, Why would you want more of it, it is a pest and makes your tank look "girly" :whistling:

I got myself some rock urchins just to keep the coralline in check

But they are the best way to keep marco algea in check?
nope.The best way to keep macro algea low would be to introduce surgeons or tangs to your systerm.

They (green macro) can grow on LR where the coraline algea has covered it.

Can't say I have heard of this, but then I have Tangs, hermits, snails and dwarf angels that attack anything that is green.

won't an algae blenny do the trick for macro algae. and he is a good size for a nano if you don't have any other blennies in you tank

aaa ok.
just another thought though
(matt165 wanted to try this with some of my coraline)
why don't you scrap some off your other rock.
ps some of my coraline "flakes" so we where planing on scraping off a flake. transplant it onto the rock that has no coraline and hope it spreads.
By the way don't know if it will work. matt165 and i where going to try.
give that a go.
alternatively patience and time will tell if coraline will grow.
The older and more wise guys might think our idea is crap so let see what other ppl say

Back
Top Bottom