No bad water quality seen from start of my tank cycle

Reaction score
Hi gents,

I wonder if you could advise me, my tank is now almost 3 weeks into cycle, using the sera qua test box marine, bought at sams for R699, As i've been testing through my cycle the is no ammonia, nitiites,nitrites present ????

I'm using seachem stability ???? why is this ??? I', sure I needed to see some bad spikes ?

tank: 8kg figi LR, 2*blue legged hermit, 1*regleged hermit, lawnmower blenny, pulsing zenia ???, 2 * snails ?? using NSW from 2O Aquarum in CT??

I hope its not my test kit

I hope its not my test kit

that is probably the most likely. It's important to have a cycle to setup your bacteria cultures that aid in the natural ecosystem of the tank.

Try this out. Get a piece of raw shrimp/prawn chuck in the tank where your CUC can't get to it leave it for a day or so and check for ammonia, you should get some sort of reading from the decaying meat. If not then the test kit has let you down.

pretty sure its the test kit.dude.for that price you could have got the Tropic Marin expert test kit

mmmm... then i dont know sammy... also make sure its SERAs own expiry date :p

I would say Panorama, Aqua Concepts, Elite Aquatics....

Sammy, if you go to Aquality do yourself a favor and get a bag of Purigen too. Its MAGIC stuff.:thumbup:

hmmmmm, more money ???? I'm going down to LFS in fishhoek and have water tested ??? Then I guess I will know.

Thanks for all the input chaps !!!

Brentnorm: I'm in tokia, you ?

yes sammy... a reef tank is a bottomless pit that sucks all your money.... kinda like my ex

ohhh btw, I'm also using the seachem ammonia badge, this show clear too, no ammonia ??? anyone know this product and its accuracy ???

Back
Top Bottom