Nitra guard cubes in a Malawi tank help please

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Tanks Discussion' started by steve s, 26 Jul 2013.

1. steve s

steve s

Hi all I am looking for help help setting up these Nitra-guard cubes in my freshwater Malawi tank.
    I don't have a sump and I have no way of hanging a reactor to the back of my tank. I have tried a reactor free standing below my tank in the cabinet but couldn't find an air pump with enough grunt to pump air into it.

Could anyone help/advise I am thinking of making an open top oblong box from black and clear Perspex. Black will be harder to see at the top end of my tank and with a clear side on the outer side I will be able to see when the cubes need replenishing.
    I was thinking of making the box 8"/20cm long and 3"/75mm wide and 4"/100mm deep with an Eheim diffusor fixed into the bottom of one of the ends, then just placing the cubed inside. A sheet of course filter foam in the top to keep them in the box and a couple of suckers to hold it in place at the top of my tank.

The diffusor, connected to a Eheim 1250 pump would pump water and fine air bubbles into the box and would then overflow into the tank, I think having the cubes loose in the box will be better than the bomb method. Please does anyone think my design will work as I have no room to hide the bomb method in my tank.

Do you think the box should be longer, wider or deeper or smaller

Steve

Last edited: 26 Jul 2013
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator

Hi, I replied to your help request, give me 40min or so

4. OP
    steve s

steve s

okay thanks