NightWolf's TL550

The list sounds ok except for the and six green chromis.
The chromis are really going to make the tank look over crowded and I don't think they will be that happy.
Just be aware with the pistol shrimp that he digs a lot and make a mess and can make the rocks unstable.

I would also try looking out for interesting gobies and small Nano fish that come into the pet shops.
You get some really cool fish like the yasha shrimp goby, a few other shrimp gobies, pygmy wrasses and hi-fin perchlet

The only reason I thought of the pistol is the pairing with the goby... will take into account not over crowding and will then drop the chromis... any other good suitable choices?

Get some Aquamend puty at A.H Marais. Works like a bomb!!! Non toxic and can be used on wet surface, and cures in water.

Your scape looks good!! Im going to redo my tank soon. Let me know when I can come drop some corals (softies only).

You dont know of anybody that drills glass in Worcester? Van Niekerk glass doesnt do it.

Thank you... I will take you up on your offer as soon as I get my cuc and fish in and everything is still stable... I would have said van niekerk... so then my guess would be to buy a glass drilling bit and do it yourself?

Its my birthday in october and ive asked everyone for money instead of presents... so I was wondering what are the best upgrades to do on my tank? Eg. Lighting, tunzes, vortechs, reefangel, skimmer or what? And in what order?

Its my birthday in october and ive asked everyone for money instead of presents... so I was wondering what are the best upgrades to do on my tank? Eg. Lighting, tunzes, vortechs, reefangel, skimmer or what? And in what order?

In your TL550 i will upgrade

1.Lights(depends on the corals you would liek to keep)
2. Skimmer
3. Flow - Tunzes are awesome, Vortechs are awesome but they are pricey so Ill go with lights/skimmer and Tunzes.

My personal opinion.

Last edited:
Skimmer option is the reef octopus BH1000 hob.....best and most efficient,u do get ones that fits the slots but IMO,a waste of money ..... Then lights, get a nice cheap Led unit, go topless,looks super cool,lights u can get from @Andre@ReefAquatics .... His gt an inexpensive unit that fits those tanks and does a very good job and as for flow, yeah tunze is cheaper, but nt by much compare to vortech MP10.... Imo it suits tank better because its very efficient,u only need 1 and doesn't tank up space @ all ......

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get away with your TL550 skimmer(if you stock lightly and do regular water changes)
your flow pump - if you position it correctly(ill move it down to the bottom left corner so that the flow bounces of your front panel), your flow will be spread better. ATM I can see you are pointing a lot of flow to the one corner. with the TL550 lights, you will be limited to soft corals and corals with low lighting requirements. Maybe look at a LED upgrade. Heat will not also be an issue in summer either with the LED .

Back
Top Bottom