NickW's 500l Bio Pellet Reef (SPS)

Thanks for the pictures Nick! Your skimmer looks like it's doing its job well!

Hey Guys,

Just some growth comparison pictures, sorry for the bad quality.

The images on the LHS were taken on the 30th of June, the RHS pictures were taking today (26th of September). Just short of 2 months apart.

59825063404d5b649.jpg

59825063406497e22.jpg

Good growth for that period of time. But the colour difference in the corals are enormous.... Are you running the tank on LNS?

Are you running the tank on LNS?

Hi Helga, I am trying to get it as low as possible. Still strugling with some algae issues, but it seems to be receeding slowly.
As for the colour change, it could be due to various reasons, not sure which one to give credit to though.

Not a bad start to the tank Nick. Once those frags get established you will see even better growth rates. Frags always take some time to build their base and then expand.

Hey Nick, hows the tank going? Updates?
The tank is doing well. All corals have been placed on the rocks now (since last update)

I will try get some updated pics and post them on here over the next day or 2.

I saw the tank on Friday, It was looking great.
Thanks Ziyaad :) good meeting you on Friday.

Hey Guys,

Well just an update, the tank is doing well, since the last update the coral frags have been placed and are growing nicely. Stil struggling with a slight algae problem on the back glass and some of the rocks.

Latest additions include, Convict Tang, Copperband, Clam and the Regal tang.

(I tried to upload the pictures as a better quality and higher res jpg but the uploader seems to keep it at one size)

:)

IMG_1340-2.jpg

IMG_1345-2.jpg

IMG_1347-2.jpg

IMG_1365-2.jpg

IMG_1388-2.jpg

IMG_1413-2.jpg

IMG_1428-2.jpg

IMG_1432-2.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

Last edited: