Next DRC meeting

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Hi folk just a reminder the next Durban Reef Club meeting is on Thursday the
28-6-2007 at DUC [Durban underwater club] at 19h00 sharp. The 2 main topics will be skimming and IMACSA. Please remember to support the bar at the club. EJ that doesn't mean you have to do it alone.

I always do my best to help the pub out.....

one month so fast.i'll be there

I will not be attending any longer, have a show on Sunday i have to train for.

was good to meet all you guys again at the meeting.the skimming topic was rather informative!its topics like this and other topics that were brought up that motivates a reefer!well done guys.it will be cool if we could have it more than once a month as many of us know there is no end to aspects of reefkeeping :)

guys , just wondering whether meetings cant take place on a saturday ???

thats my problem too.....weekday meets are extremely difficult for me to get too..........plus meetings used to be about getting together in a relaxed manner to braai and talk marines and unwind a bit..............meetings held at 7pm on a thursday evening would have to be a splash and dash for me.......
gauteng reefers have got a good concept going with regards to visiting differant marine suppliers every month, who then cater but can have an open shop day that livestock etc can be bought at good deals to members attending......

Guy's this is a catch 22 situation. Some can make the week day nights and not the weekends and vice versa.
The weekend social events will still happen, and in fact we are due for one.

The purpose of the Last Thursday night of every month meeting is to formalise things from a club structure point of view. We will be putting up a calender shortly that will give the dates for a whole year.
This way everyone knows exactly when the meetings are taking place.
Also thanks to Sean Strydom (Sunburst) we have secured the use of the D.U.C for these meetings.
So we now have a set date and venue every month where we can meet.
The meetings themselves will be more formalised with minutes being documented and a scheduled talk and discussion to take place every month.

As I said the socials that we have will still happen like they used too, with Cherry Bombs and all those things :D
So if anyone is keen to host a social, put your hand up ;)

Is there no chance of splitting the difference and making it on a Friday night?

I would love to be there to meet others members, when and where?

Hi Pat, its the last Thursday of every month at the Durban Underwater Club[DUC] at 19h00.

The weekend social events will still happen, and in fact we are due for one.

As I said the socials that we have will still happen like they used too, with Cherry Bombs and all those things :D

So if anyone is keen to host a social, put your hand up ;)[/quote]

I put up my hand for our overdue social events

Oi we ready for our next meeting already, its tomorrow night 26/7/2007 at DUC, 19h00 sharp, Glynn Forman has kindly agreed to be our guest speaker for the evening.
See you all there.

Back
Top Bottom