Newby with questions

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by BAD FISH, 21 Oct 2013.

1. BAD FISH

BAD FISH

Hi all
    I am new here, and very much enjoyed reading lots of posts and finally took the plunge and got me a tank.

Well I have some questions that I hope you all could answer for me as I think I am going to need it, so here they go.
    I got myself a JBJ NANO CUBE 24 tank complete and running with rocks and sand with some Starfish and one fish in (Blue spotted hawk fish) that is what the guy told me this fish is called, well he is very aggressive and eats like a pig and always hungry.
    The tank has 3 compartments in the back
    First one has the inlet with a huge sponge
    Second on has a sponge at the bottom and a bag with sand in on top of the sponge.
    Third on has the pump and heater
    Is this above correct???
    What is the ideal water temperature??

The water changes!!!!
    I went to a Petshop yesterday and was quoted R150 per liter of water:cursing:. Is this the going rate.

Think that is it for now, will ask more later.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. erratiC

erratiC

Holy crap, that's expensive... I seriously suggest you find a different LFS to get your water from until you get a RO machine. It will pay itself off over the long run, as you can clearly see.

Wrt your compartments.. sorry I don't have one so I wouldn't know.

4. Zandy

Zandy

First of all photo's says a thousand words. Secondly are you sure you did not hear "One rand fifty" instead of R150 per liter? The compartments sounds about right. But perhaps i would suggest to go through the beginner section and get familiar with the ideal water temprature. Normal reef tanks on average run on 25deg. But post some photo's and i am sure all here will gladly assist

5. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

i would say 1.50 sounds about right. pre mixed water will be slightly more expensive but never 150 rand a liter.

6. the fish

the fish

almost left a skidmark when i saw the price. also think that it must be R1.50. unless it comes with a Ferrari or Bugatti.

7. BAD FISH

BAD FISH Thread Starter

Nope that is what he said R150 per litre, think he was just being nasty and didn't want to help me.
    Yesterday went to another one and their price is R2.50 per litre so i will be going there.

ZANDY How do i upload pictures? Took a couple last night.

8. pkc

pkc

9. contini

contini

Hi and welcome , did not see you mention a skimmer ? R 1.50 per ltr ro water and r 2.60 per ltr salt water is more or less the going rate .

10. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

just my opinion.. no shop in their right mind would turn a client away for no reason...maybe you were a bad bad fish.. lol just kidding..but yeah im guessing misunderstanding or not speaking or hearing properly about the R150 ... but goodluck with your marine journey...and welcome.. :)

Recent Posts