Reaction score
Hi. Been at marines for 4 months now. Started the wrong way round I guess, but put up a 1.8 m first and then got a 24 gallon Nano as a quarintine tank. That thought did not last long and I have started another tank!

I seem to have been lucky but I have lost no livestock yet with the exception of a pink tipped anenomie which floated to the bottom of my tank at the back and simply died. I was away at the time. I have bought another one but it seems to have retreated into the rock. Worried that it will die like the previous one. Any suggestions?

My tank specs are:

180 cm Tank

Length: 180cm
Width: 60cm
Height: 65cm
Lights: 2 x 150 MH
2 x bank of four T5,s (2 white, 2 blue)
2 x single T5's for the centre (1 white, 1 blue)
2 x T8's (both white)

Sump: 190 litres
3 x powerheads (can't remember sizes)
Deltek skimmer
Carbon reactor
85 Kg live rock (Kenyon)
Deepbed in sump (coarse and fine crushed coral)
Return pump
An IKS computer with Temp, PH, Salinity, Redox probes. Also water top up sustem.

I seem to have a PH problem. It seems to be getting higher every day. Started at 8.5 and is currently 8.69. Can anyone HELP?

Will try to post pictures tonight, but don't really know how to do it. Will read some more on the site.

Anyone see any thing that I have missed? Would really appreciate the help!

Register on photobucket and upload pics there. Then post the IMG code of each pic here.

This sounds AWESOME Jacques! BTW: A very WARM Welcome to MASA!

Looking forward to your pics... You sure have quite a bit of lighting there on the 1.8 metre! AWESOME skimmer, the Deltec!

Welcome Jacques, you will find nems need very mature tank to thrive, they are not for the new reefer, leave the nem alone and hopefully it will survive, good luck with your tank and any questions you have please post them for us to help you.

ja im also a jacques nono jason ja hes more into the other sites....as we speaking im also busy with a new tank...

Welcome to MASA Jacques, some :thumbup: equipment you got there. What live stock you got? Pics please - of everything....

Enjoy your stay and ask, ask ,ask... don't be shy now!:wave2:

Welcome Jacques!you got some awsome equipment on this tank.looking forward to the pics

Back
Top Bottom