GCK

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

Well I'm not completely new at having fish as pets, but as being a good fish keeper. i have recently changed my tank to a larger size as the previous one that i had literally burst at the seams and i didn't have a choice as to get a new tank and i couldn't exactly leave the tank to build up enough bacteria as my fish were in a very cramped domicile at the time.

What I now would like to know is how do I build my own sump filter for my tank as i am on a very low budget and cannot afford to buy a sump filter for my tank.

The size of my tank takes about +- 140 liters of water do not know the precise size of the tank though.

any and all help would be highly appreciated.

Just so you know, I'm a girl and don't always understand the fish lingo, but is very handy at building things

GCK ;)

Hi, going to home page, click on sponsors, scold down to Reef Aquatics, click on where it say my 6 compartment sump. You get a idea how is built. Don't have to had 6 compartments.

Thank you to all who have welcomed me to MASA, and for the advice on the sump filter. I appreciate it all, will be checking out everything and hopefully will have good feedback on my tank in the future..... :thumbup:

can use a old standard Daro 90L tank as a sump. Check in the Junkmail for secondhand old ones. Just get 2 pieces of glass from any glass shop for dividers. Put skimmer in to judge the size needed for first chamber, same for return chamber.

Welcome to MASA hope you enjoy the journey. I used a standerd DARO tank and got some glass from a glass suplier and siliconed it in. Just make sure to make your first compartment big enough for a skimmer for your size tank +-200mm should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom