Discussion in 'New Members' started by resanm, 2 Dec 2011.

1. resanm

resanm

Hi guys,
    I have had a custom made marine tank for a couple of months. Yesterday i purchased a SOBO-T60-F curved glass aquarium. Being the wise ass i usually am. i gathered that i could convert it to house my salt water set up. unfortunately i ended up with a flooded lounge...fish safe though!!!
    I need to know if there are like "plug in" accessories, for instance a skimmer that fits into the internal filter? The problem i had was that i placed my sump in the cupboard underneath the tank. It has a "feed" pump that runs at 1200litres/hr(SOBO WP102) . the internal filter in the tank runs at 1000litres/hr. what size of would i require to put in at there are two holes in the tank which are overflow drains and the tanks fills up faster than it can drain...any advice?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

I am not familiar with the tank.
    Do you have the Specs on the tank and perhaps pictures of the tank and internal filter?

4. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Oh and Welcome to MASA

5. hermie

hermie

WELCOME to MASA!!!! Put some pics up and I'm sure people will have some good suggestions for you.

6. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

You need one pump to pump from the sump into the tank and then the water will flow back into the sump via the overflow and gravity feed. If the tank fills up too quickly, either the pump is too strong for the overflow to handle the capacity, or the overflow is way too small, blocked, etc. What size holes are in the tank used for overflow?

Recent Posts