Newbie with white spot problem

Discussion in 'New Members' started by snorky, 17 Mar 2010.

1. snorky

snorky

:wave2:Hi all! Im very new to fishkeeping and have been doing it for a few months and i just noticed white spot on a small green tiger barb(she has around 8 in total in a 3ft) for the first time in my sisters tank so i have resovled to try and help cure the problem. Should i use a product like bio elite heal all or an anti ich product solely. how often should i do the water changes for her and should i add medication immediatley after the water change? sorry for my ignorance but i want to put the least amount of stress on the sick fish as well as the others to avoid any unneccessary casualties.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

A very warm welcome to MASA, Snorky. Firstly - even though most people started out with freshwater tropical fish and tanks, we MOSTLY only specialize now in marines/saltwater.

I would like to refer you to our sister site:
    Tropical Aquariums South Africa

In the meanwhile - investigate the following product: Myxazin. This seems to work for both marine as well as freshwater aquariums, and does not contain copper.

Good luck. I hope that you get your white spot issue resolved.

In the meanwhile.... try and reduce any stress that your fish might be encountering. As white spot is usually triggered by some stress on the fish.

4. snorky

snorky Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. Im def gonna give it a try and thank you for the ref to ur sister site. I really appreciate it

5. crispin

crispin

hello snorky:)
    welcome to the wonderful world of fishkeeping. good luck with those barbs and watch that they dont nip at the fins of other fish. Tropical aquariums will help you lots:)

good luck

Recent Posts