Newbie on the block

Reaction score
Hello All

I am a newbie to this hobby, and look forward to meeting you all. I am sure i will get all the advice i need to make a success of this fantastic hobby.

I can't wait to get started...

Welcome to MASA Chappy, have you bought anything yet or just starting out?

No i have not bought anything yet. I want to first to as mcuh research as possible before making any impulsive buys. i went down to the LFS and saw all the lovely looking tanks with cabinets all built in, BUT on doing a little more research found out that they are not really all they are craked up to be. ie can upgrade easilt etc.

I would like to start out FOWLR but with the possibility of getting into reef setup later and dont want to have replace a whole lot of stuff. I would rather pay a little more now. Buy cheap, by twice, isnt that what they always say.

welcome chappy

yip you got that right, "buy cheap buy twice"

this hobby will munch your pocket, but don't worry its all worth it at the end

welcometomasa

You starting this hobby the right way, well done. Do your homework and you save yourself alot of cash and heartache :)

Welcome to MASA :)

Welcome Chappy! Glad to see you created your 1st thread! AWESOME man! I emailed you this evening. See ya tomorrow evening!
BTW: If you have the time - read through some of the other threads in the "New Members" section. You will see many of the things I explained to you already. Many questions and answers and explanations.
Cheers mate! Looking forward in meeting you!

Welcome to the forum, nice to see another new tank going up. :)

Welcome Chappy!!

welcome chappy:) really nice to see you plan a little before buying. Have a good look at the for sales forum on here, its where i got most of my things to start. But ask before you buy and guys on here can help you to see that its applicable to what you want:)

and great to know you going to jacques, its a beautiful tank and you in great hands. I know i learnt alot from him. Just dont let him stand infront of the glass, his width covers alot of it! :)

thanks a lot to all of you. This must be about the friendliest forum i have even been on. I must say just from speaking with Jacques i do feel like i am in good hands. I am looking forward to seeing is setup.

welcome to masa! yup, maybe start off reef straight, it will only help your system if it has extra filtration and stuff IMO:)

Yes i actually had thought of that. Thats exactly why i want to start with the equipement that will allow me to move into reef when ever i feel i am ready.

I am a very patient person by nature, so perhaps this will reduce the difficulty factor of reef a little. Who knows!.

Welcome From One Newbie To Another

Yes i actually had thought of that. Thats exactly why i want to start with the equipement that will allow me to move into reef when ever i feel i am ready.

I am a very patient person by nature, so perhaps this will reduce the difficulty factor of reef a little. Who knows!.

your lucky your patient! i have to forcibly remove myself from a shop when i'm about to do impulse buys:):yeahdude:

Back
Top Bottom