Hey there people

I am new to the whole marine game.
I recently purchased a second hand tank with the following specs

1200 x 600 x 500 - tank has a overflow on the side permanently mounted
500 x 500 sump
1 x pump
1 x heater
1 x power head
3 x lights (i think it is 2 x coralsun and 1 x oceansun)
I am guessing +/- 7kg of LR in tank
some weird dead looking "tube type rock" or something in the sump +- 5kg and all other filter media in the sump.
No skimmer

What I want to ask is what do i need to make this tank exceptional. i want to attach a fuzzy pic of the tank. And some pics of the stuff i have found in the sump(some spongy thing) and i am guessing anenomes, but i dont know how to upload the photos into the threads.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

aha...thank for the help....by the way what type of anenome/coral is this...like i said i am a beginner

Welcome to MASA!!

masahello

The bottom pic shows a rock/flower anemone, DeeJayCee.... it is a common anemone that you get on our coastline. Found in both warm, as well as cold waters....
It is not a common anemone/clown fish hosting anemone.
The 1st one might just as well be one of them too... not 100% sure.

The bottom pic shows a rock/flower anemone, DeeJayCee.... it is a common anemone that you get on our coastline. Found in both warm, as well as cold waters....
It is not a common anemone/clown fish hosting anemone.
The 1st one might just as well be one of them too... not 100% sure.

agreed as far as i kow (under correction ) they are not hosting nennies....as for the 1st pic...no idea, wher did yo get it

I found it growing in the sump....it is still very small, the size of a 50c roughly

hello deejaycee, welcome to MASA:)

always nice to see new guys starting up:) I have little to add to what jacques said with regards to the id of those.

that tank sounds good though, nice size to start off with. do you have a full tank shot for us to have a look at, and how long has it been up and running for? Really nice to hear that you want to make it exceptional, to be honest the best way to achieve that is intense hard work and mastering of your husbandry methods. read alot on here, there is a HUGE amount to learn, and ask us all you like.

thanks a lot guys...the previous owner was also a beginner,he had the tank running for about 5 months, and then had the bright idea of building a 2000 x 800 x 600 tank.
I will try and upload a pic of the full tank tomorrow. But from what i have read, i will need a minimum of 30kg of LR in my setup to make the filtration better.

not very clear cant you get better quality? and also show us pics of all the sumps etc...

Here are some pics of the tank, sump , and some stuff i got inside,that i dont know what they are
154849b8aba6260f3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom