newbie iamwrasseman pictures !

Discussion in 'New Members' started by iamwrasseman, 1 Jan 2011.

1. iamwrasseman

iamwrasseman

:thumbup: at some of your requests i uploaded 50 ish pictures of some of my fish . just wanted to share so check out my profile pictures and tell me what you think .
    thanks Dave
    :eek:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

stunning!

4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

You've got 14 tanks? :eek:

This is a stunner

[​IMG]

p.s. Welcome to the forum :)

5. Afsal

Afsal

how come i can't c any pics

6. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Click on his username then at the bottom of the list you will see "Visit xxxx photo album"

7. Yuri

Yuri

Nice photos what tips of wrasse do you like the most

8. Boegie

Boegie

Very nice.

9. iamwrasseman

iamwrasseman Thread Starter

viper 357 i did have 17 tanks a few months ago but have since removed my fish only system as i have been focusing on some of the more delicate wrasses that really require being in a reef tank . i had to make a choice my wife or my fish as 12 more reef tanks would have just been a joke in expenditure of time and certainly money . i am in the middle of a tank build of large proportions for me its a 5'x3'x3' tank that was used for six months then taken down so i ended up with the idea of having all my community oriented wrasses in one tank and that will be fun i think . i just am really taking my time on my list of who goes where and when as i will be setting up a few tanks in my basement for the switch over and dont want them to be re-acclimated in any way . i will be keeping ya posted on the stuff once i get a few more objects collected and my overall plans figured out . it will be somewhat crazy here for a couple of days because the stand has to be built on site in place of two tanks that are currently up and running ~ta say the least i have my work cut out for me and im taking my time . i figure before spring i should be up and running with that bad boy !
    thanks for your comments and i will post this week end my newer pictures of many more wrasses if anyone is interested .
    Dave

10. Mauritius-aquarist

Mauritius-aquarist

Picts are gr8...................................
    Very nice :thumbup:... no doubt....!
    Thanks for sharing

11. iamwrasseman

i just uploaded another 50 pictures and as always thanks for the comment ! is that your Gem tang ? if so awesome pick as i would love one someday ,just waiting for the right price at the right time.
    again thanks Dave

12. Mauritius-aquarist

Mauritius-aquarist

No, I got the pict on google, I think its one of the best Gem shot.!!!!
    Gems are up there as my most favorite fish.............I live in Mauritius, i get the chance to see them in nature.....

here are some shots of a Gems in my friends tank in the south of France.....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. iamwrasseman

wow any way to catch one ? if so i guess you would have done that already but i would be spending my weekends in saltwater collecting some of them . must be hard though . there are a few wrasses from around you that i need, lol

14. chikaboo

chikaboo

Awesome pics there buddy ... BTW ... Welcome to MASA .... Forgive me for maybe not seeing this somewhere ... but I didn't see cleaners wrasses? Also very cool idea this corals mounted with magnets .... please elaborate .... Is this concept basically the same how we mount powerheads with mags ... the base of the coral has a mag and then .....

15. iamwrasseman

i have two groups of pictures and the second has at least three pictures of cleaner wrasses ,very difficult to keep for prolonged periods but beautiful ! one is a blue lined red sea cleaner and the other is a royal hawiian cleaner that is so very beautiful but i feed him at 7am 12 noon 5pm and 8pm with cyclopeeze and he eats like a pig . i have had him for eight months and i just told my wife yesterday that he has a month at the most to live as he is just withering away slowly ,big head and usually a full stomache but his body and tail are thin as paper at this point . some fish should just be left on the reef IMO.
    thanks for your support !

16. iamwrasseman

lol the corals and magnets i forgot

yes i superglue my coral base to a magnet and attach just like a power head then have a long stick that i use to push them into their desired position and it works great ! you just have to get a magnet that had some good power and you have to move them from the external magnet ,if you move the inside coral/magnet the outside one doesn't move and simply falls off which sucks to get out from behind my tank . i think i have three or four of them somewhere back there that i cant get to ,lol . they really decorate the back wall great and the corals seem to do great even though the grow 90 degree different in the wild .i would however suggest that you stay away from the ebay epoxy coated magnets as they are just spray painted with some paint and could crack and release toxins through the magnet rusting . i use cleaning magnets and they work great ,they are called Twister magnets from a company called aquarium systems . they are 1 3/4" x 2 3/4" and have very good magnetic strength so they hold great . im sure there are others out there that will work just as well . give it a try and let me know what you think ! oh yes heres a hint for the superglue to work better i sand the smooth surface with 80 grit sand paper to roughen it for the glue to mechanically stick to the plastic cause superglue doesn't really like to stick to smooth plastics and also be sure and dry the coral skeleton that you are attaching . sand, clean, lots of gel type superglue and apply a dried off skeleton end ! one more hint ,have a container of tank water near where you do this and once the coral is glued submerse it and the superglue dries so much faster ,once its attached then put it in your tank and enjoy my friend !
    best wishes and good luck !
    Dave

17. Mauritius-aquarist

Mauritius-aquarist

There are some nice wrasse here in Mauritius, but Globally speaking they would be classified as Extremely rare..... & don't need to say anything on price-tag...:blush:

18. Seabass

Seabass

Hi, like wow, and iamwrasseman doing this for 27 years.

19. iamwrasseman

aren'r we all looking for the rare ones ? lol i'm trying to track down an Anampses lennardi or femininus at this time so generally speaking ,they are rare . i have had a bunch of choati leopards and they have been very difficult to keep alive past a couple of months .i have to get my dosing automated so i can be more stable for the really delicate creatures IMO . i dose by hand and it just swings to much throughout the day i have found through some extensive research .
    yepper 27 yrs and still running around with saltwater daily !

20. Yuri

Yuri

femininus are the cheapest from Vanuatu
    I have seen them cheap on a price list

21. iamwrasseman

send me one ? lol

Recent Posts