newbe

Reaction score
hi guys, just joined the forum. i have a 1.5m tank and have had it running for 5months now. it is starting to look pretty settled, the 20 odd kg's of live rock is now starting to grow(took longer than expected). i have 2 anemonies, a hammer head coral, devils hand and some polyps. only 2 clowns, a cleaner wrasse and a rhinoceros tang. now on the mish to stock a couple of new fish. a tang and a cow fish are on top of the list. just seems to be a mission to find marine fish

Welcome to MASA!!

Please post some pics of your tank, lighting, sump etc.. We like pics!!:)

Welcome to MASA Shane, it is a must to post pictures of your setup - full tank shot, sump, equipment etc ;)

Thinking the same 2day aren't we Jaak :p

Welcome to MASA Shane :)

Welcome to Marine Aquariums of South Africa. Enjoy your stay here...

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA Shane! Very glad that you have found us, and joined MASA!

A quick question though - what filtration do you have, and what lighting? Having 2 nemmies in your tank which is only 5 months old is a WEE BIT soon..... nemmies generally require a mature tank..... (older than 1 year at least).....
And what do you feed your nemmies?

Hey hey Shane, masahello

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA Shane! Very glad that you have found us, and joined MASA!

A quick question though - what filtration do you have, and what lighting? Having 2 nemmies in your tank which is only 5 months old is a WEE BIT soon..... nemmies generally require a mature tank..... (older than 1 year at least).....
And what do you feed your nemmies?
I have a 900x300x300 DSB sump, with a venturi protein skimmer, in the tank I have a powerhead to which I connected a 20mm pvc pipe running down the length of the tank, with randomly drilled holes, the biggest being on the opposite end to the powerhead. I also have a wave maker running. Lighting consists of 4x1.5m T5's, 2 are acetinic blue. I feed the nemmies fresh fish(hake) or prawn once a week and use a trace element supplement once a week. The fish get dry food in the morning and frozen marine mix or frozen shrimp in the evening.
Interesting point on the nemmies but have been happy and growing but have not stocked the tank after the initial specimens. I will try get hold of a camera to post some pics. I initially had 4 turbo snails as part of the clean up, I now see loads of baby ones!?

Last edited:
protein skimmers

what do you guys thinkk of the octopus recirculating skimmer probably be the dhs150 model. Is it common for turbo snails to breed out so quickly in an aquarium?

Reef octopus have a very good reputation as being affordable and very efficient skimmers. You can't go wrong if you get one.

Snails have been known to breed in an aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom