New

Welcome Animal, don't be scared about using the forum, play with it, press all the buttons and learn how it all works, don't worry you can't break anything.

The guys have given you good advice on your sump, skimmer first, then DSB, then return pump. Try and upload some pics so we can help you further.

What have you got in the canister filter?

Hi Animal - at first - I corrected the spelling that ScubaNinja was so elegant in pointing out to us all - Scuba - I will delete your post, if you don't mind. There are people that might be offended :)

OK - now - a VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA, Animal!

To upload pictures of your tank, the pictures should be resized, to the sizes of:
(picture size) 800x800 pixels, and/or file size not more than 150KB.

You click on "Go Advanced" on the "Quick Reply" area at the bottom of the thread, and then on the resulting Window, you look at the bottom right hand side of the typing window. There, you will find "Quick Upload" to upload pictures.

So, now that you know how to upload pics, please post some pictures for us!

Secondly, IF you want to reply to everyone's posts/comments all at once, you can do one of the following:
1) click the MQ button at the bottom of every post that you want to reply to, and then select the "Quote" button
2) type: open-square bracket-the word "quote"-close square bracket (the actual indicators, not the wording) -> then copy/paste the person's response, then type: open-square bracket-forward slash-the word "quote"-close square bracket (the actual indicators, not the wording) - you can repeat this for all comments you want to respond to, in one quick reply window...

Good luck with your journey, please keep us updated with your progress.

Do you know Hennie Landman? He also stays around Bloemfontein.
He is a man you can REALLY learn a LOT from!

Good luck mate!

Jacques

Thanks for the repond, and the spelling. Like I said my english are bad. I posted a thread on my sump filter maybe you can help me if you read it. I also want to know my thoughs are to have both fish and L/R with some animons maybe a corel ore 2. Can I ? and can I keep more than one animons in a 1,2*450*700 tank(380L)if I CAN. Got two common clowns want an animon for them which one do you recommend? Then later on I whant a pair of Black Ocelaris or Pink Skunks same thing which one do you recommend for them. some thing with colour.

Viper thanks for the response, its good to know there are some people out there that can help and want to help. Its a standard Aqua H2O ACF-800 Filter 3 separation grids 1 Filter sponge; 2 Activated carbon and last ceramic rings. Can you help me some more with the sump filter want to get as much info as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacquesb what about the anemone's can I keep more than one in my tank and which do you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacquesb what about the anemone's can I keep more than one in my tank and which do you recommend?

Hi there - I would say, at first - get your tank up and running, cycled, and aged. Anemone's do best in tanks that have been up for a while at least.

The types of anemone's you can then look at, IF you have the correct amount of lighting and a decent enough skimmer - and water flow:
- e. quadricolor (Bubble tip anemone)
- condylactis gigantea or passiflora (atlantic purple tip anemone)

These 2 are the hardiest/easiest to keep of the anemone's.

Good luck mate!

Welkom by MASA ANIMAL, a bietjie van die mense hier verstaan die taal. In other words, if you can't explain something in english, skryf dit in afrikaans en ons kan verstaan. My afrikaans is a quite bad, but I think you get the message. Hope you enjoy your stay

Thanks Lowflyer for the welkom. Will do so!!! The problem is the grammer and the spelling but anyway Im here to learn about the marine. Do you got pic of your tank?

Hi Jacquesb for how long would you say must my tank be running before I can add animones? My tank is up now for 6 weeks.Got fish for the last 2 weeks. My lighting do I need more? and my skimmer 182L . THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom