New

Reaction score
Hi guys

Nice to have finally found this site.

Have minimal marine experience, but plenty fresh water exp. However, I did share a four foot marine tank with my room mate at PMB varsity a couple of years ago.

Havent really set up my tank yet- really taking my time. Basically at the moment, have a 1 metre, 350 litre tank, Reeftek TS2, couple of SEIOs (820), 250 W MH, RO Unit. Next on the list is getting the lid and cladding done, which should be done by the end of the month, depending on how quickly the handyman works!. Then, will be setting up this badboy.

Looking to go FOWLR first, so will be getting some T5's. In fact, as I think about it, I may not even use the MH right away with corals- will just add more T5's for the softies.

Anyway, thats it for now
Keep it real
Dave

Hello Dave, welcome to MASA, glad you found us :D

Hey Dave, Welcome :)

Got some nice equipment to start off with there, keep us posted as you progress, cool.

Hey Dave,

Nice to see you here, good informative site this is.

No worries- plenty of photos will be coming eventually. I finished the plumbing yesterday, and am doing a FW test this weekend. A couple of general questions for when I really start...

1) Where in DBN can I get black PVC Sheets for a background, and to put around the overflow? What would I use to glue it on?

2) What would you use to place under the sump? this is a weird question, but the stand is on carpet, with the sump sitting directly on that. I was wondering if I could put something under it so that I can protect the carpet in case of any mishaps? Wierd question hey?

Shot
Dave

You can get PVC sheets from Maizey plastics. They have branches in Pinetown and Durban.
If you worried about the carpet you can put plastic sheeting underneath the sump for any spills. Be a good idea to put the sump on some polystyrene as well incase the floor isn't 100% level.

Thanks Anthony. Andrew/ Mille has already put polystyrene on the sump so thats not a problem. The reason that I ask about the carpet is that I still live at home, and dont want to impose this hobby tooo much on the folks!

Is your stand galvanised?

welcome to MASA spaceboy

Welcome to the good site Spaceboy

Dave welcome to MASA. I'm really sorry that you live so close to Doberman but we are trying to get him to move back to Brakpan.

Welcome To MASA Buddy Got a good start to the marine hobby keep us informed and enjoy:)

Welcome to MASA.

Filled the tank with fresh water- no leaks what so ever- good job Andrew.... now to get a cabinet maker to do his stuff... sorry this is taking so long- today was my last day as a student, from enxt month, once the money starts rolling in, this bad boy will get moving!

I have decided to stick with 4 39W T5s for the time being (will be buying those soon), and will save the MH for something else

Back
Top Bottom