New Zealand

Reefdiver

Truly wet behind the ears
Reaction score
:wave2:Howzit guys
Just a quick one to appologise for not replying to posts and requests :nono:.
The reason i have been slack is cuz the wife and i have been over the wall with our Immigration plans to NZ and been working our buts off getting the house ready to go onto the market...which is incidently on private property now,thank goodness :slayer:

So lets hope that it wont be too long before i can set up in nz and then i will get the pics happening.:1:

Keep well and c you on tha otherside of the fishtank glass
RD

Hey Reefdiver,

Let us know how it is on the other side. The wife and I are also considering going there.

Good luck with the move!

very wise move to leave here and go there this place is a dump does not take alot of imaganation to see that

Best of luck Reefdiver, look forward to hearing from you, wise decision to leave, I'm considering moving to the UK in about 3 years time. (look out Wee-Man, here I come :biggrin:)

Well, they have probably taken away the last thing that was left for me in S.A..... a Springbok rugby team based on merit...:lol:

Lol...dont get me wrong..SA is my home and lived in deepest darkest central Africa too at one stage.
Its more a strategic move as the wife wants kids and i refuse to subject my Kids to the near future of this place...so i shall raise little Kiwi's so that i can throw popcorn and biltong at them while betting whos gonna win the world cup. lol
The wife has lived there before and just loves it...look its not without its problems but those are miniscule compared to SA besides..schooling and healthcare are free and cars are helluva cheap..3 good reasons right there!
Hey Galibore...serious or not about moving i suggest you check this site out...its damn good and helluva inspiring and informative...by Expat and current sa boitjies.
South African Immigration to New Zealand
my user name is Kiwi-K and my wifes is CarlaP...check it out,you wont look back,plus you can impress the missus with a stack of info...that is till you show her the site!
RD

well if you think about it half the people in this contry actually orriginate from other contries so look as it that you are going back home where you belong

Hey Viper...if you need contacts in the UK let me know...my folks live in Kent and have done so for the last 5 years.
RD

Hi guys - I've done the "overseas living thing" for 6 years - and actually back home because my family's all here. All I can say Reefdiver - good luck - it is REALLY hard work and nerve-wrecking to get everything done.... And hartsore to "break everything down that you have built up" while living in SA.

BUT, as I said - good luck with starting a new life abroad.

I don't know if we would do it again - MIGHT/MIGHT NOT - I do get requests to go and work in The Netherlands and the UK again, every now and again...

BUT being a pure South African (I only have a SA passport) makes things just THAT much more difficult for me.... I don't know if I want to go through that trouble again....

Thanx Jaquesb
Yeah..it is a mission but worth it in the end...expensive too!

thats true..many NZers are leaving, searching bigger money(crossing the ditch to Auz).
The Asian Influx is mainly in the Auckland area.
The whole question of moving is why?...for us its the beauty of the place...i dont care who lives in the country.The earthquakes are there but only as large as the tremors we have here in Gauteng with the blasting underground.
Lets face it..most of the time the only reason the grass is greaner on the other side is cuz its got more CRAP in the ground.
NZ is not perfect and if we want to find faults with a place..there are plenty to be found.
But for me and my fam...we will embrace our new country as our own and accept the invitation with gratitude and a smile as our new hosts take us in.
Different strokes for different folks i suppose...my wife has lived there and she loves it...so for me....oh well...no vendors on the street corners is an absolute blessing.
I hear your Point Thalion and agree with you.....i just wonder if there realy is a utopia out there short of a remote island with a grand population of 2 out there.
RD

Best of luck Reefdiver, look forward to hearing from you, wise decision to leave, I'm considering moving to the UK in about 3 years time. (look out Wee-Man, here I come :biggrin:)

Who said we would have you back?:whistling:

South Africa Sucks!

The only things we are the best at are the the bad things: murder, rape, AIDS, racism, corruption etc. etc. etc. etc.

If you can leave get out now.

It not going to get better :(

South Africa Sucks!

The only things we are the best at are the the bad things: murder, rape, AIDS, racism, corruption etc. etc. etc. etc.

If you can leave get out now.

It not going to get better :(

That's not quite fair War, we are also two time rugby world champs. We have some of the most beautiful beahes in the world. We have great dive spots, rated by National Geographic as some of the best in the world. We have a good cricket team. Our country hasn't been involoved in a war for 60 years. I can go on forever.

But, it's true, crime is one of the highest in the world. Which makes me consider the most important factor, the safety of my children.

You forgot to mention that we are also the best load shedders in the world...:rofl:

:whistling: its just a pity that its gone downhill so badly...i would like my kids to grow up relatively close to the way i did and thats without having to feel a fals sense of security by caging themselvs in after 8pm at night...like some crazy horror film.:nono:
So the move is ultimately aimed at my future kids...with the added bonus of enjoying the great outdoors with my wife and kids...which i must say is a huge drawing point as i am a big deepsea,scuba,flyfishing,hiking,photographic nut :thumbup:

:whistling: its just a pity that its gone downhill so badly...i would like my kids to grow up relatively close to the way i did and thats without having to feel a fals sense of security by caging themselvs in after 8pm at night...like some crazy horror film.:nono:
So the move is ultimately aimed at my future kids...with the added bonus of enjoying the great outdoors with my wife and kids...which i must say is a huge drawing point as i am a big deepsea,scuba,flyfishing,hiking,photographic nut :thumbup:

hi ReefDiver - do you mind me asking how you getting into NZ? Any of you have British Passports? or other dual nationality? Or is it on merit alone? If you do not mind me asking - what do you do for a living?

Back
Top Bottom