New WARR Tank

Hehe, stuck at work, warr will have to make it sun/mon
Posted via Mobile Device

I am really in two minds concerning the tank height.

I have seen tanks that are 1 metre off the floor and other that are lower.

Any suggestions / ideas how to decide this ?

Flow ideas

Other than going the insanely expensive Vortech route, what other options are there to go for rather than powerheads in the tank ?

POlario or CLS. They're about the neatest options.

1 or 2 tunze waveboxes will do magic for your tank plus you'll love the swaying of the corals, i wish i went with a wave in my new setup, very efficient at keeping detritus in suspension...

1 or 2 tunze waveboxes will do magic for your tank plus you'll love the swaying of the corals, i wish i went with a wave in my new setup, very efficient at keeping detritus in suspension...

Agreed! Wave action in a lengthy tank like that is going to be AWESOME!

Warr i based my tank heights on my view couches, sonce thats where i will be watching from

Hey Warr, looking forward to this one. If I can give some input:

I would make the tank 600/650mm high with water level at 500/550mm. The reason for this is not too expensive lights and you can have a wavemaker of some sorts hence 100mm space on top. Go for as wide as possible with a C2C overflow - best for surface cleaning ;)

WOW Warr! This sounds AWESOME! REALLY AMAZING! I cannot wait to see this happening man!

I agree with Tony - CLS - perhaps you can see if you can source some Red Dragon pumps? Or perhaps those pumps that Reef Maniac is using? About 4 of them on 4 seperate CLS's would do AMAZINGLY.... that, with SOME wavemaker or real surge device!

That will be the way I would do it, if I can do my tank over again!

Warr let me know if u wanna discuss tomorrow eve, also I have some nice ideas for surge and waves
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all the input guys, some awesome ideas.

Matt those build threads are insane, some very scary :p

Warr: haha yeah some of those guys do some serious renovating! Inspirational though. Gives me some crazy cool ideas!

dude i got the glass samples
12mm low iron and 12mm float, they both are great

low iron though is somewhat weeker than float, but even 12mm float all round will look great.
will bring them round on sat and get some softies :)

that pin cushion is not up for grabs is it? :whistling:

Low Iron

dude i got the glass samples
12mm low iron and 12mm float, they both are great

Warr77

Go for low Iron, there is no comparison, mine is up and running and it is day and night, it is also debatable as to one being stronger than the other only more expensive but really worth it..............

George

i agreee, the low iron would be great for the front pane
the price diff is not to bad, which have u got george, there is a crystal variant, but thats alot more, trying to see if i can get a sample of that.

Back
Top Bottom