New Video: My 800 liter aquarium

Discussion in 'Video Threads' started by josejenny, 27 Feb 2013.

1. josejenny

josejenny

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Nice tank. Like the extra depth

4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Very nice, interesting rockwork too, that must have taken some time to put together.

5. josejenny

josejenny Thread Starter

Rocks have been drilled through and placed through PVC piping, first attempt was a clutter,opened up for water movement, got it finally fine tuned,no major parameter changes on daily basis,just add small cup of salt every 3rd day to keep salinity right, busy designing a salt hopper to try and get that to automatic as well

6. viper357

Wow, that's odd, why is your salinity dropping so much?

7. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Cannot see the videos in the video threads. Is it a MAC thing?

8. josejenny

josejenny Thread Starter

, ive got a automatic top up, but also a on my protein skimmer i installed a small pump to clean out cup once its reached a certain amount that happens 3 times a day to keep protein skimmer catchment cup clean, for me to get suction power on pump (as pump sits on top of skimmer) i first have another pump in sump that pumps out water for 2 minutes as to create suction for pump on skimmer, once that happens pump in sump switches of having already created vacuum required, suction pump on top of skimmer switches on and empties out skimmer cup, and im sure this is where i loose salinity as then my auto top up fills up with fresh RO water, ive also had in some areas salt build up around pipes and sump glass which when i see i also scrape down again into sump again,that's what i think is playing with my salinity,it only drops by a point ie from 1025 to 1024, i try and keep it at 1025 all the time and all i add is about a tea cup full of salt,doesn't loose that much, im monitoring to see how much it will drop in a week,so that once ive got my DIY salt hopper finally done will be able to time it as to how much salt to replenish in a week, see my problem is i work away from home, so i have to have everything working on automatic, and i mean everything, so monitoring all changes and how often and having back ups to that is must.

9. viper357

Ah ok, sounds like you've got a lot going on there. Tank looks very nice, how long has it been running?

10. josejenny

josejenny Thread Starter

First attempt, when i joined masa, then i had problem with a level switch that didnt shut pump down when tank got to full, hence it all went for a ball, after researching level switches again i found correct one and imported it from states, but anyway,its been running for 5 months with no major parameter changes or any problems whatsoever, been at dorry pets today and spent R4000 on new soft and hard corals,bug has got me, its just so awesome to have a living ocean under your control, this site is just so loaded with information,and after going through all read ups and posts if you dont get it you never will, thanks for all awesome information

11. Visser

Visser MASA Contributor

Wow, interesting tank @josejenny. Its definitely something else!
    Can you perhaps take some pics of your sump & hardware setup? Would love to see what you did there as well!

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  12. josejenny

josejenny Thread Starter

Have a look a my first posts right in beginning there,s a few photos there,, i will make another video and post it on youtube and link it here again

13. josejenny

josejenny Thread Starter

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Mar 2013
  14. josejenny

josejenny Thread Starter

Recent Posts