New Toy arrived : Algae Mower Vac

Woohoo! You can do it through youtube, just add it there and copy and paste the link in here.

Review:
Well first off this mower is light weight, easy to assemble and figure out what goes where took me 5mins.
First and only problem encountered was tried to use a 9v square battery. It worked but not powerful enough to drive the pump, so second option is to use the power cable that it came with. Well hellllooo, this thing kicked into another mode. You can check out the two vids i did with cellphone while holding the mower, Sorry about quality never done videos for youtube, so its a first. I now realize my cell must be facing horizontally:lol:

Video 1 the first rock i tackled was in a tight jam so did not adjust the motor into correct position, but it did its job, second section sucked the hell out of the hair algae
Second video as per Carlos request was substrate vacuum, which was pretty straight forward and a lot of gunk was caught up in the mesh bag provided. Have attached photo of bag showing what came out. I found the aiptasia in the tank so will sucking that bugger up tomorrow evening. Hope you all enjoy:thumbup:

AlgaeMower4_zpsa71a3098.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WoaW!!!

Freaking Awesome!!! Definitely getting one of these!!!

Thanks for the Vids man!!

:thumbup:

No problem @ChrisRaubs hope the quality was ok with cellphone. @Francois , nice thing about the mower with siphon attachment is that on the output, instead of using the mesh bag you can attach it to the pipe supplied, put the other end into the bucket and you are taking the dirty water straight out the system. Yeah substrate had trouble in the beginning with diatoms, but it lasted about 2 weeks, i am big into the 10%water change a week. and my sandsifting goby is a machine @carlosdeandrade thanks bud, you managed to get me hooked in uploading vids to youtube:lol:

Last edited:
I would be interested too so as soon as their is some people that is planning to order this, i would like to team up. Or perhaps a sponser could look at the possibility

Hey @Francois , am enjoying it still does a great job. But then i like my gadgets LOL. At the moment rand dollar up to shit so price now more than when i paid. If your budget tight not recommended as i would say more of a novelty item to have. Awesome if you need to train the better halves into tank maintenance:tt2:. Still does a good job at removing the hair algae instead of manually taking out the rock and scrubbing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Francois , am enjoying it still does a great job. But then i like my gadgets LOL. At the moment rand dollar up to shit so price now more than when i paid. If your budget tight not recommended as i would say more of a novelty item to have. Awesome if you need to train the better halves into tank maintenance:tt2:. Still does a good job at removing the hair algae instead of manually taking out the rock and scrubbing

The same here, love my gadgets. Got my self one. Now to train the better half when it arrives:p How long did you wait for it?

8 days registered post to me in durban. But last i heard postal strike affecting JHB 20th feb '13, not sure if still on. Affect has been huge, statment i read on 31st Mar :
"Sapo put the strike-related loss at R97 million this week and an additional overtime bill of at least R6 million as the company scrambles to move the mail that has piled up at Gauteng’s two major sorting centres, Tshwane and Witspos"

Back
Top Bottom