New Toy arrived : Algae Mower Vac

Reaction score
So I got some nice news this morning. My Algae Mower Vac arrived in the post, so thought i would start a thread reviewing the product, possibly upload a video(first time for me, hope i know what i'm doing). Will do the unboxing tonight and upload the photos. So stay tuned, will unleash the fury on any algae in my tank :lol:
Have a tiny patch of hydroids on a small piece of rock as well as 1 Aiptasia growing on another i think, so will give it a go on those as well.
So basically small info on product :

Algae Mower Vac helps you with:
* Green & black hair algae removal and control

* Brush & beard hair algae removal and control

* Red & Black slime algae removal and control

* Moss and sticky detritus removal and control

* Aiptasia or other pest corals removal and control

and what i like is the fact you don't have to stick your hands in the water it extends from 15cm to 91cm
so to be cont....:thumbup:

Reaction score
Reaction score
wanna see it Hoover damn aptaisia
I have one in the tank i think, gonna hunt him down. Mostly used to use AiptasiaX which works for me, so keen to check this one out

This is a nice gadget for your reef tank, looking forward seeing it in action on your tank
Thanks @Francois hope i do a good job :lol: at taking a video and uploading as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Cool,,, been considering this thing for a while now.... Anticipating your review... How much did it set you back?

Reaction score
Thanks man.

Looking forward to that review...

Reaction score
Reaction score
Carlos bud this thing is awesome. Have taken a short clip not sure how to add a video, assume through youtube? Done Hair Algae and Vacuumed the substrate. Video and review to follow