New to the site

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
Hi all,

i am happy to have found this site, i am in the process of setting up another aquarium, been about 10 years since i had a marine aquarium and i cant belief how technology has changed.

i previously had a 50gal reef tank with all sorts, i used to get my stuff from a petshop in randburg, but it has since closed down. are there any recomendations for good suppliers in jhb area?

i am looking at setting up many small tanks like a pet shop, are there any ideas/suggestions out there?

thanks
Dallas

Welcome Dallas!

Welcome to MASA, check out Dorry Pets and Moolis and other sponsors on the site.
Enjoy your stay and have fun learning the new ways ;)

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA Dallas! Glad that you found us!

Please share everything with us! Please post some pics of your tank/s? Please feel free to have a look a round the forum, and ask as many questions as possible....

Welcome to MASA!!

er why many small tanks if i may ask?are you gonna do it commercial or as a hobby?
as obviuosly both would need diff approaches.

thanks for all the greetz

i am going to do it for a hobby, my last tank was a reef tank, but i would like to keep different things, i was thinking of getting a 1.2m or bigger complete setup instead, and then in time modifying it with a dsb, i am looking keeping a tank with LR and 2 anonemoes with 2 clowns per one. they are my most facinating fishes, even while scuba diving i love watching them. there is a place in fourways called the aquatic center that seems to have great prices anyone use them? and its down the road from me.

Welcome to MASA, like the others here have mentioned PM the sponsors for great pricing...Go to DORRY PETS for one or pet stop(Moolis) they are both great people to do bussiness with..

WELCOME from me as well :wave2:

i was thinking of getting a 1.2m or bigger complete setup instead, and then in time modifying it with a dsb

You would be better off to start the tank with a DSB - adding it later could lead to another cycle starting, and could be bad for the inhabitants.

i am looking keeping a tank with LR and 2 anonemoes with 2 clowns per one.

Clowns can live quite happily without a host anemone, and are very easy to keep. Anemones require excellent water conditions and very bright lights, making them very difficult to keep alive long-term (they live for 100 - 200 years in the wild, but you're lucky if you can keep one alive for more than a year in a tank, unless your setup is perfect, well matured, AND you know what you're doing...). Anemones are also becoming endangered, and one should not attempt to keep them until one's tank has matured for at least 6 months (one year would be better...).

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom