New to salt water not new to fish keeping

Discussion in 'Nano Tank advice' started by MarcVanJ, 3 Oct 2013.

1. MarcVanJ

MarcVanJ

Hey all I need some help with a nano. So my tank size is 35L 30x30x39. I have not started anything yet. What I wanted to know is 2 things, 1st, what other equipment would I need? I have 2 filters 1 internal with spray bar with coral inside other will be a hangon. I have a power head for water flow, I have a beam works 9LED one. I have a 100w heater and a hydrometer. What else would I need?

2nd, once the tank is up and running and been through its full cycle, do I need to do water changes? Is it necessary, can I miss a water change for 12-15 days?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Welcome to MASA!
    What will you be using in the filters?
    On a tank that size Waterchanges will help with nutrient export? You need to do water changes often enough to keep your parameters in check, so hard to give an exact time between changes.

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Hello and welcome to the Salty side.

On that size tank the main issues are overfeeding and overstocking. Therefor water changes is a must. And on that size doing weekly 20% changes instead of 10% is not an issue. Just be sure PH, salinity and temperature match.

The light unit, I doubt if its OK for SPS, Clams or most anemones. Would be OK for softies.

5. MarcVanJ

MarcVanJ Thread Starter

im not going to stock any fish as yet was only looking at softies anyway, this light is pretty powerful though, what would i need if i were to upgrade.

would i still need a water change even without live stock and corals?

Recent Posts