New to marines :)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by <<Nemo>>, 5 Jan 2015.

1. <<Nemo>>

<<Nemo>>

Hey everyone..

I have been a member for quite a while now but was more on the freshwater side and do not really know a lot about marines. I'm trying to read up on how to setup a marine tank but I'm getting quite confused in doing so as this is totally new to me.

So here is the story: My uncle lives in Tanzania and setup a marine tank for his children. After about 3 months they got tired of the tank. Beginning of this holiday I got the news that this whole setup is being shipped to me.(It will probably be at my house in the next day or so).

The tank includes the following of which I know of already. Firstly it is a Jebo tank of about 90cm to 120cm on a Jebo Cabinet. Then there are two skimmers, two filters( One is a large external canister filter and I don't know what the other one is yet), there are also a few wavemakers and then there are the lights which I'm not exactly sure what they are.

This saves me quite A LOT of money. I would like to do a reef tank once I get the tank. I don't know much about filtration for a marine tank as well as how I must go about cycling the tank, choosing substrate, lighting, live rock and types of corals.

Any help will be appreciated. I will post pics once I get the tank and give more info on what I have.

Thank you :D

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. TaahirS

TaahirS MASA Contributor

Welcome to the marine side if life. Be patient and read as much as you can. I would stick to soft corals for now, not sps(hard corals). Read the links after my post.

4. Dexter

Dexter

:welcometomasa2:

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

once it arrives, take a few pictures and upload them.
    makes giving advise a lot easier.

Recent Posts