New to marine tanks

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm based in cape Town an am busy building a salt water tank setup. My 1zt ever so waS researching an saw ur forum with very helpful topics.

Anyways I will ask for help if I get into trouble lol

Reaction score
Welcome @Nawty Fish

The forum is filled with knowledge and knowledgeable people so be sure to ask if you get stuck.

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

So I built a 1200x650x 550 8mm toughened glass and 10mm braces toughened as well. Then building a 1m sump. Sump should be completed by next week.

Then I need to do the soak test an thereafter fill it uzp an run it prior to putting the fish an corals etc which I must still purchase lol

Reaction score
I have no idea as yet lol. Marine is totally new to me so I'm researching as I go. Any advice from u guys?

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a freshwater aquarium but looking to venture into the saltwater marine setup. I am in Cape Town and looking for a tank.

I am also looking for advice on the route to take when setting up. Any advice is appreciated

Reaction score
Rule if thumb is 20x turnover of your tank volume, but depends alot in your plumbing set up, overflow design, pipe diameter etc. You drilling the tank or doing syphon type overflow?

Reaction score
Glass already drilled prior to hardening. 50mm hole. Plumbing is 40mm inner diameter.