New to marine keep

Reaction score
Fresh water junkie turns to salt howzit guys just finished cycling my tl450 tank

561681a41f581b552dbf365aa924133a.jpg
95475221d980022a7821ed0c0dbc9cfc.jpg

Got this cleaner shrimp not knowing they meat eaters but I did use live rock from a established tank with full purple stuff on it also used a dead prawn inside to cycle five weeks later and here I am also used live sand

Last edited:
Ammonia 0
Nirites 0
Nitrates 5
Ph. 8.0

Don't know if this Red Sea test kit is good but that's what I'm using

Thanks yeah I have been browsing the internet like crazy making sure I follow the correct steps actually the tank was a gift to my wife women love nemo so that's what will go in eventually maybe in two or 3 weeks just want it to be stable enough

Welcome Yasthish
Where about you from ?

Welcome, you're off to a good start, just take it slow and fire away if you have any questions. :)

Hi thanks is there any other pet shops on the east rand beside exotic pets and wazeers that stock marine pet masters no longer keep marine fish

Hi thanks linkstar will check them out. Now I have small tiny clear air bubbles on live rock looks like maybe a algae bloom is coming I only have one turbo snail but I think there maybe to much for him to eat do I need more snails or what other clean up crew members

Hi zhenya thanks I will be getting to perc clowns small in size want them to grow in the tank not sure if I can getaway with a 3th one could you recommend corals that are good to keep for a newbie

Yup, most of us have had that mini-panic with our shrimps. :p

Hi guys so my live rock is peeling and new Caroline is growing in parts during cycling process I had lights off now they on everyday only one rock seems to be peeling my snail is feeding on the rocks is this normal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom