New to forum

Reaction score
Warm greetings to MASA. I am still relatively new to this hobby... 9 months and loving it. Been keeping an eye on MASA and received LOADS of great advice and ideas.

I was wondering, if I placed the detail of my tank, i.e. sizes, lighting, stock etc on this forum, if you guys could assist in advice on what livestock I could add and changes / upgrades I should make?

Also, was hoping for some advice on how to upload pics of my tank, as all my pics (taken with SLR) are in excess of 2Meg a piece.

Welcome to the Forum. Yes, please post the details and we will try help as best we can. Wrt the upload, you can upload on photobucket and it will resize itself, or you can make it smaller from your pc, but I forgot with which standard program, I resize my pics with photoshop

masahello

sure, post pics etc and we will all contribute

JD, you can use MS paint to resize your pics, i find that the easiest and fastest way...
open the pic in paint, then the top menu click image->resize/skew-> and then enter the numbers, i find that 25% usually works well for pics of 2mb+

Welcome to Masa, enjoy your stay!
Posted via Mobile Device

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA JD Henderson! Awesome to have you on-board! Very glad that you found MASA and joined us!

Yes - please. Do share pics and more info on you tank!

You can also use the following to resize the pics:
- irFanView
- Microsoft Office Picture Manager

Good luck with your journey into marines!

Ok, here's some info on my tank:
Tank size: 1500 x 600 x 650
Sump: 650 x 550 x 550
Light - Aquablue x 1
Light - Actinic x 1
Light fitting - S4W Twin
Coral sand - Argonite
Skimmer - TS1
60Kg live rock
Seio M1100 x 2
Phos reactor

Hope all teh above makes sense. Been taking my water to be tested on a weekly basis and doing 10% water changes every 2 weeks. Ventured into buying my own test kit this past weekend and did my first tests last night. Bought the Tropic Marine test kit. Results were as follow:
pH - 8,4
hH - 9
Nitrite 0,02mg/l
Nitrate 30mg/l
Ammonia 0,5mg/l (not sure if I did this test correctly and will go past lfs to get help)

That skimmer is by far not efficient enough for your size setup. A TS2 is rated for 750l and that might not even do the job perfect. You need maybe a TS3, but that also depends on your bio-load and other filtration. I would upgrade it though.
Posted via Mobile Device

That skimmer is by far not efficient enough for your size setup. A TS2 is rated for 750l and that might not even do the job perfect. You need maybe a TS3, but that also depends on your bio-load and other filtration. I would upgrade it though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just what I was scared off. Nothing irritates me more than people that swear that they are selling you the right equipment! Will see what I can do to upgrade asap. BTW, hope this question is not too stupid, but, when I look at the skimmer, how do I know if my skimmer is working / skimming as it should?

There will be constant foam in the neck pushing up all the muck over and into the cup. Depends also on the bio-load you currently have. With a fair load you should get a nice dark brown mix. Any livestock in at the moment? How long has the tank been running/cycling?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back
Top Bottom