New Tank!!!!

Reaction score
I just got my new 220l tank!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! :yeahdude:

Its an AquaH20...i cant find the model on the internet though....i assembled the cabinet etc and it looks GREAT!!.

Funny thing is i bought it secondhand, but it is BRAND NEW!! never used!

The owner bought it but then rather built an outdoor pond.

OK so the problems..... i cant fit a sump into as it has a divider.
I have 2x Jebo's that fit into each side but that means i will have to build a dual overflow for it hectic!! Maybe one as a DSB/Algae/return pump scrubber and the other for the Skimmer/LR/return pump?

Or remove the partition and put a "rod" or piece of wood in instead?
The dimensions are 900x490x720 10mm glass...could anyone please give me advise, i still have to drill it for an overflow, or dual overflow.....

How freaking exciting!!!!!:yeahdude:

Cool Mookz! Anyone - as long as you can tie which ever method down - and it's not just lying "loose". This could cause major issues with lighting dropping into the water.....
Good luck - you know pics are IMPORTANT!

And here are the pics....

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

Hope it doesn't upset anyone that i have livestock in so early without cycling the tank......it was very shy at first but then settled in after about 2 minutes, no LR to hide behind etc but this will come in due time...could i get an ID please on this species?? LMAO!!!
IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

Congratz on the new tank Mookz. You can remove the partition and replace it with a square tubing frame. Two straight up pieces front and back connected by another piece horizontally at the top. Get it? Like a "n" and then you put the sump inbetween the legs (kinky :p)
Maybe just add another 2 pieces of square tubing at the bottom in line with the sump for the legs to sit on to spread the weight evenly.

Congratz on the new tank Mookz. You can remove the partition and replace it with a square tubing frame. Two straight up pieces front and back connected by another piece horizontally at the top. Get it? Like a "n" and then you put the sump inbetween the legs (kinky :p)
Maybe just add another 2 pieces of square tubing at the bottom in line with the sump for the legs to sit on to spread the weight evenly.

That is an excellent idea!! thank you very much.

Nice. :)

Do you mind if I move these new posts into a new thread, seeing as it's no longer a 10 gallon tank anymore?

Well Done mookz! Let the DIY begin!!

cool, congrats!

i have a similar species cat, they are great

Just make sure it doesn't use your DSB as a litter box...;)

OK so the problems..... i cant fit a sump into as it has a divider.

...Or remove the partition and put a "rod" or piece of wood in instead?

If this partition is vertical from the top to the floor, then it could be a load-bearing part of the structure. Please make sure that it will be OK to remove it, else the tank might crack.

Hennie

I have a similar setup. My advise is get rid of that partition and as mentioned in this thread, get some square tubing frame and put that inside for support. That way you can utilise the space the for your sump.

Nice tank there mookz. What do they go for as will be selling one that I don't need anymore?

Nice tank there mookz. What do they go for as will be selling one that I don't need anymore?

I got it for R800....they go for about R4500 including pump, heater and lighting fixture.
Its hectic Because they used to cost like R900 and went up to R4500 O.O over two years.

Is it still a Nano at 318+/- liters?

Back
Top Bottom