New Tank

Discussion in 'New Members' started by GarethV, 21 Oct 2013.

1. GarethV

GarethV

Hi Guys,

I apologize in advance. I am new to this whole aquarium scene. i currently am only into the fresh water aquariums as i am a new hobbiest trying to learn to one day have a marine aquarium.
    I do need some help.
    I am currently building a 650L fresh water aquarium as part of a DIY project of mine.
    i am very excited and i have learnt a lot in the research i have been doing. Currently i am stuck in that i have been looking at pet stores around Edenvale for K1 media to fill a fluidized filter bed in a project i have been following.
    Can you recommend a place to get it or an alternative to the K1 media as i have come up dry every time. I have found Bio Balls but i see on previous forms you guys are against those.
    I enjoy the hobby and i wish to grow in it.
    Thank you for all the help :thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Hello Gareth

For Freshwater, maybe try out the sister site
    Tropical Aquariums South Africa

Kaldness is mostly used for Koi ponds. Did not see a marine setup using Kaldness yet, but in principal it should be very close to NP pellets. Although it is not a carbon source.

Maybe try out the Koi farms out On Pomona road, cannot remember the name, think it was King Koi.

4. OP
    GarethV

GarethV

Hi Riaan,

Thank you so much for the response. I will post on their site and see what they have to say.
    I have been to visit the shop, i think it is Rand Airport pets. Unfortunately they don't stock the fluidized variant. I will keep looking but thank you again.:thumbup:

Recent Posts