New Tank

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by marsbrat, 11 Feb 2011.

1. marsbrat

marsbrat

Hi all,

I have purchased a second hand Boyu TL450 Nano Tank from someone on the forum which i am getting tomorrow. The unit is has all its goodies and will be treating as a new setup.

Please can you make all your suggestions now that I can do this one correctly and not have to go through heart ache and pain to get it right.

The tanks lights were recently (January) replaced. I have purchased Fiji Pink Arogonite for the base sand from Mandarin.

Any advise (preferably good advise) will be appreciated!!!

The unit comes with a skimmer, bio balls and ceramics etc. What should I use and what should I loose.

This tanks sole purpose is gong to be to stand in the children's room and look pretty. Idea is to have a few clowns, CUC and possible...much, much later, and nenni!

:p

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Q89

Q89

As most members will tell you, lose the bio balls and ceramics;)

4. marsbrat

marsbrat Thread Starter

You mean...sell them to Dallas...

What is a good replacement for a Nano!?

5. jacoc

jacoc

nono

Yust get the nano first and run it with everything thats in it for now...don't change anything if it runs smoothly now...drain 90% of tha water in to a container/ load the thing on your truck go home and insert the water and on with the power...nano's can run on airstone water movement aswell ....test the water after 3 weeks ad some purculars and 2 see-horses or a nemy if you like...
    if the tank has a estabished bilogigal system why would you wana change any thing...the sub-strate colour is going to change as time goes by so why change it? you can introduce persional touch over time to suit your needs....
    "Just some thought"

6. marsbrat

marsbrat Thread Starter

I am getting the tank totally empty...So it's gonna be as if taking it out of the box!

7. Tremayn

Tremayn

it will come with filter wool, take that out and use normal filter wool which you can change every second day. Take out the bio balls/ceramic rings. You will need to upgrade the skimmer as its pretty kak lol.. you can get away with the standard lights. Add a few pieces of small live rock in the return chamber :) .. There are alot of guys who have the same tank so check the nano threads and steal with your eyes :p

Recent Posts