New tank setup

Discussion in 'Large Tanks' started by Nippy, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Nippy

Nippy

Hi there Guys and Girls

I have trying to do some aqua scraping to get an attractive tank setup for some time now,:blush: not realising that every time u re[​IMG]

move all the live rock out of the tank then something dies,:( anyway, have learnt[​IMG]

allot since and for the last time came up with this design,:whistling: not completed yet b[​IMG]

ut about 80% done, still would like to get some more live rock to lift the left a[​IMG]

nd right sides, also got rid of all the ceramic rings, bio balls and sponge in th[​IMG]

e sump and replaced with live rock to two compartments in the sump, also the mult[​IMG]

i plugs are gone and a main board is added, what a difference this makes, any fee[​IMG]

dback as to the tank, coral placement and flow pumps will be greatly appreciated.[​IMG]

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

Nice looking tank!

may i suggest a few things ..... get rid of that background one time ! A black or blue background will make the whole reef pop like crazy !

The water seems a bit on the yellow side, you may want to consider running carbon or reassessing your lighting !

I see you have 2 red bubble tip nennies in the tank, are they clones ? you wouldnt be interested in selling one now would you? nudge nudge wink wink

4. Mauritius-aquarist

Mauritius-aquarist

Tank looks good bro....................

5. Nippy

Nippy Thread Starter

@ Niel
    Thanks for your response man, I was thinking of going with dark blue at close to the bottom, with a lighter blue in the centre and like a powder blue at the top, I done a 200lt water change last week to get rid of Nitrates and replaced both 150 metal halite globes, made a huge difference, my corals all opening bigger and better, the anemones are not cloned, i bought the rose and a carpet with the tank but the carpet died so had to buy another anemone to host both my clown fish.

@ Mauritius

Thanks alot buddy

6. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

if the anemones are not clones then you would have to run a huge amount of carbon to negate chemical warfare between the two ...

7. Nippy

Nippy Thread Starter

Niel, I feed them twice a week, small pieces of hake, but noticed that every day they will go completely down and then about 2/3 hours later they back to normal again , could this be the chemical warfare u taking about? also do i just add the carbon into a stocking and into the sump?

Thanks

8. Dane

Dane

Yeah you can add activated carbon in the sump - make sure it gets some nice throughflow.
    I gotta be honest tho, I wouldnt be comfortable with two different nennies in the tank. They might settle down eventually, but can be a strain on the system... Then again I have seen some very strange nennie-laden tanks on the US forums...

9. Nippy

Nippy Thread Starter

Thanks Dane will do that.

Recent Posts