New tank in planning

Discussion in 'uncategorised' started by wiesnerm, 27 May 2009.

1. wiesnerm

wiesnerm

I am in the process of drawing up plans for a new house (yipee!!!) and want to design a tank into the house. It is still early days and I just want to get an idea of what you think will be a nice size tank. I was thinking of (LxWxH) 2mx800mmx700mm with a water level of 650mm. This would give me about 1000l capacity. (Huge increase from my 120l nano:thumbup:)

Another question - will the area below the tank be enough for all the equipment or must I make provision on the side for additional equipment.

Once some space has been reserved on the plan and when going into technical drawings, I will contact one of the sponsors for the detail and technical design that will be needed. (Any references will be appreciated...;))

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. gaboon

gaboon

If you building from scratch have a dedicated room behind the tank for all the equipment. The size tank will need a huge skimmer, CARX, kalkstirrer etc.

4. Warr7207

Warr7207

Nice size tank.

Agree with Gaboon, if you can plumb all the "engine room" hardware elsewhere, it makes the tank way more quieter and you have more room to work in and around your sump, DSB, and reactors.

5. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

This is THE best thing that you can do. ESP after i saw submariners setup(he is on the other forum) all his equipment is behind his tank he converted an old toilet room into the "engine" room. Much easier to work with all your equipment and eliminates all the equipment noise. Also gives u an area if you want to have a frag grow out place

6. wiesnerm

wiesnerm Thread Starter

My next question is then how big must this engine room be? (Space always come at a premium...)

Do you have a link where I can have a look?

Recent Posts