New tank coming soon - advice needed as I go

Reaction score
New tank coming soon - advice needed as I go
Placed order for new tank:thumbup:, 1m x 800 x 600. (LxWxH) Works out roughly to 450L excl sump. My space is limited otherwise I would have preferred a 1m cube. Tank is viewable from 3 sides, so opted for starfire glass. Much cheaper than I expected. I got a 2nd hand Ap600 Deltec skimmer and a aquatronica controller today, looking for a kalk stirrer and calcium reactor as well. Been checking the classified section religiously for good deals but nothing has caught my attention as yet. Was going for a closed loop system but after seeing 2 vortechs running have changed my mind. Looking for advice on lighting - once I get a good understanding on kalk and calcium dosing its going to be an SPS dominated tank. Other than that I'm avoiding a dsb as rinsing the sand is not my idea of fun. I've opted for an overflow that is about 600mm short of a C2C so I have space for the vortechs and will only be 20mm wide at most thus maximising space.

Any suggestions will be great as I want to do this right from the start and not cut corners.

Reaction score
VERY cool dude, awesome size you going for there!!! :thumbup:

sounds like adriaan is building it? :whistling:

i'm just worried about your overflow being 20mm wide, must be a mission to maintain......?

please let the pics roll :biggrin:

Reaction score
What gave it away?
:lol: a couple of things but mainly going starfire and the narrow overflow (almost the same as the cube at IMACSA)

let me guess... you're going black silicone as well?! hehe

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
sounds good boet... my new tank is going to be simular so this is going to be interesting.