New Tank Build

Reaction score
Ok Here goes....

I have not been into this very long but hvae been researching this over the last 6-9mths.

I jumped head first and bought a full setup from someone on this forum...Got it @ a very good price....

But i'm not to happy with the setup....i wanted to start my tank from scratch and go through all whole setup cycle loose stuff properly...

So, i have put a lot of thought into in and i am now gonna build and start a tank from scratch...

Here's my current setup :

DS - 1220 x 440 x 440 (Side overflow)
Sump - 1100 x 300 x 300 (5 compartments) Thats way to many....
Lighting - 5 x T5 3 White 2 Blue, and for some reason there's also 2 x blue T8

Have a small skimmer and a 5000l return pump. Have a Calcuim / phosphate reactor. To powerheads.....

+- 35kgs of live rock
some corels (most soft) my baby being the anemoni
Have a Large Sailfin Tang, Tomato Clown, 2 Common Clowns(Nemos), and a boxer shrimp.

Now for the new setup.

DS - 1500 x 610 x 500, using 10mm Glass allround and front panel will be Starfire.:tt2:
Bracing ???? Suggestion please

Sump ???? Have now idea what size. Ideas please???

Will invest in a good Reef Octi Skimmer... Will keep the Reactor. Keep the power heads. As i get in more funds will upgrade to the tunze units...

Lighting ????? Suggestion again please.

FeedBack would be good......

Also, may need some1 to help babysit for me until i can cycle this tank and have it ready....Im in Durban

Thanks in advance for the help:thumbup:

Hi there. Where about in Durban are you? Will you be selling the old tank?

Ok Here goes....

I have not been into this very long but hvae been researching this over the last 6-9mths.

I jumped head first and bought a full setup from someone on this forum...Got it @ a very good price....

But i'm not to happy with the setup....i wanted to start my tank from scratch and go through all whole setup cycle loose stuff properly...

So, i have put a lot of thought into in and i am now gonna build and start a tank from scratch...

Here's my current setup :

DS - 1220 x 440 x 440 (Side overflow)
Sump - 1100 x 300 x 300 (5 compartments) Thats way to many....
Lighting - 5 x T5 3 White 2 Blue, and for some reason there's also 2 x blue T8

Have a small skimmer and a 5000l return pump. Have a Calcuim / phosphate reactor. To powerheads.....

+- 35kgs of live rock
some corels (most soft) my baby being the anemoni
Have a Large Sailfin Tang, Tomato Clown, 2 Common Clowns(Nemos), and a boxer shrimp.

Now for the new setup.

DS - 1500 x 610 x 500, using 10mm Glass allround and front panel will be Starfire.:tt2: excelent
Bracing ???? Suggestion please all around the bottom and all away around the top

Sump ???? Have now idea what size. Ideas please???as big as posible also depending on space, three chambers will work well for DSB

Will invest in a good Reef Octi Skimmer... Will keep the Reactor. Keep the power heads. As i get in more funds will upgrade to the tunze units...

Lighting ????? Suggestion again please.also depending what you want to keep in the tank

FeedBack would be good......

Also, may need some1 to help babysit for me until i can cycle this tank and have it ready....Im in Durban sorry durbs to far :lol:

Thanks in advance for the help:thumbup:

i hope this will help

Back
Top Bottom