new spider web mod on pinwheel impellers

Just did this mod and i can confirm that it makes a meneer of a difference. if the shaft becomes unbalanced i'll take it to the same guys that balance my turbo.. lolz..

How do you balance the pin wheel so that it does not damage the bearings??

When i did these mods i used to take a beer glass and and place the impeller and shaft across the top of the glass and balance it. Make sure there are no metallic objects close by. The shaft will always settle so that the heaviest part rotates to the bottom. By placing a blob of glue at the opposite end and turning the impeller 90 deg's one can get a reasonable balance. This procedure may need to be done a few times to get a reasonable balance. NOTE this is not a dynamic balance but goes a long way to helping save the bearing life.

I sometimes use this method to balance the cheaper Chinese impellers. Mind you some of the others are also way out sometimes.

sounds interesting, just make sure that the glue does not protrude too far otherwise it will impede the free rotation of the impeller(as i found out this afternoon when i tried to make my aquamedics impeller more durable. ps you would be really amused at the design of the aquamedic blueflotor 1000. if that can be balanced it would be a miracle and it is the factory design of enkamat loosely between two plastic retainers! this is not a jibe it is really just an observation

Back
Top Bottom