new ro system

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by ashley100, 24 May 2010.

1. ashley100

ashley100

hello to all

do you guy know were i can get a ro system in the south
    for a good price i saw one for R1999 a stage 4 i think that is a bit much hey

any help plz

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Talk to Lanzo at Dorry pets, he can ship to you no problem. Alternatively you can contact Marco, the waterboy for a quote - he also ships :)

4. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

5. PeterL

PeterL

How does one determine the quality of an RO system?
    Why I ask is I saw one in passing whilst at Builders the other day, it looked the part and had 4 filter chambers and also a write up on the side about the particle removal but had no idea if it would be good enough, that together with it being somewhere in the order of R2500 or so - it stayed on the shelf.

How would one know if that would do what we require or if it just isn't quite good enough?

6. AndrévN

AndrévN

Do yourself a favour and buy a unit proper unit from the water boy. But buy the one that removes po4 and adds calcium, it is awesome and as a added bonus you get an extra 2 pre filters for free. Believe me it works lekker. A normal household drinking water one works well for a year and then the holding tank starts leaching particles from the rubber insert and your TDS reading rises. A waterboy unit is cheaper and is way more effective. My TDS on the house one is 138 and on the waterboy unit a low 15. So there is a major difference, i also thought it made no difference but at the end it does. I speak about this cause ive been there and done that.

And you check the quality of the water with a TDS meter, and this the waterboy also sells.

7. PeterL

PeterL

Ja no, for sure - not only was it the price of the unit I saw but also the concern that it may not be adequate for the job. When my pocket gets a little deeper then I can get one.

I was just wondering how one determines an adequate product against that of one which actually doesn't filter adequately prior to purchasing? I don't specifically walk about with measuring equipment with me nor do I know much at all about the RO's inner workings with regards to the micron removal. If I see a unit, other than buying from the water boy, how do I determine if it is good enough for the application at hand (marine aquariums)?

8. Devank

Devank

Hi, I bought a uit from Marco 3 weeks ago and Marco assisted me greatly. You wont go wrong with waterboy Ro units. I paid about R1350 for 3 stage.

Recent Posts