New problem

Reaction score
Both skimmer and overflow pumps sold 2nd hand to me dont work. Wanted to put them in the other 2 containers with LR purchased today. What will happen with no circulation?

Sure the plug is working, no load shedding there? :lol:

perhaps cover container with cling wrap to keep moisture in? I'm no expert!
</IMG>

Sure the plug is working, no load shedding there? :lol:

perhaps cover container with cling wrap to keep moisture in? I'm no expert!
</IMG>

exactly what I asked in the other thread?:lol::lol: Damn happened to me today, the 2 prong adaptor was deeeeed.

where did the rock come from, I.e when did it come out of the tank?

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed both plugs:(. Gonna pick a fight tomorrow. Any other advise about circulation?

You going to need circulation for the liverock. If nothing else turn the water with a cup every couple of hours and get a powerhead tomorrow as soon as you can.

Is the rock submerged under water in a container? Like Alan says, use a air stone but put it at the bottom of a piece 3/4" pipe so it acts like a pump that should circulate water better - an ideal!

Thanks, will do. I'm peeved I never checked the pumps before! I bought the whole setup 2nd hand from the LFS up the road from me. I dont think its a coincidence that both pumps and powerhead aren't working.

Sorry, yes all LR submerged, 1 new powerhead running, been rotating it between tubs but gonna have to go to bed sometime

Is the rock submerged under water in a container? Like Alan says, use a air stone but put it at the bottom of a piece 3/4" pipe so it acts like a pump that should circulate water better - an ideal!

This sounds like a good idea. Place the pipe in the middle of your rock ie pack your rock around the pipe.

Commiserations dude.

have you tried opening up the pumps to check if the impellors arent jammed?maybe something couldve found its way into the impellor an causing it not to spin.

Back
Top Bottom