New problem

Reaction score
Both skimmer and overflow pumps sold 2nd hand to me dont work. Wanted to put them in the other 2 containers with LR purchased today. What will happen with no circulation?

Reaction score
Sure the plug is working, no load shedding there? :lol:

perhaps cover container with cling wrap to keep moisture in? I'm no expert!
</IMG>

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Sure the plug is working, no load shedding there? :lol:

perhaps cover container with cling wrap to keep moisture in? I'm no expert!
</IMG>
exactly what I asked in the other thread?:lol::lol: Damn happened to me today, the 2 prong adaptor was deeeeed.

where did the rock come from, I.e when did it come out of the tank?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Changed both plugs:(. Gonna pick a fight tomorrow. Any other advise about circulation?

Reaction score
You going to need circulation for the liverock. If nothing else turn the water with a cup every couple of hours and get a powerhead tomorrow as soon as you can.

Reaction score
Is the rock submerged under water in a container? Like Alan says, use a air stone but put it at the bottom of a piece 3/4" pipe so it acts like a pump that should circulate water better - an ideal!

Reaction score
Thanks, will do. I'm peeved I never checked the pumps before! I bought the whole setup 2nd hand from the LFS up the road from me. I dont think its a coincidence that both pumps and powerhead aren't working.

Reaction score
Sorry, yes all LR submerged, 1 new powerhead running, been rotating it between tubs but gonna have to go to bed sometime

Reaction score
Is the rock submerged under water in a container? Like Alan says, use a air stone but put it at the bottom of a piece 3/4" pipe so it acts like a pump that should circulate water better - an ideal!
This sounds like a good idea. Place the pipe in the middle of your rock ie pack your rock around the pipe.

Commiserations dude.