New Plumbing

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by SAReefer, 12 Sep 2016.

1. SAReefer

SAReefer

So, just finished plumbing my new setup and am extremely happy! First time I've plumbed a tank and first time I've ever run a manifold. Hooked it up to my brand new Vectra L1 and ready for the first water to go in this weekend![​IMG]

denver1705 likes this.
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rossreefer

Rossreefer

Very nice job

SAReefer likes this.
  4. Brendon

Brendon

Very nice, very neat, if you don't mind me asking, what size tank, what return pump / manifold pump are you using? What do you plan on running off the manifold? Thanks, B

5. Dizi

Dizi

Awesome dude very neatly done.

SAReefer likes this.
  6. SAReefer

SAReefer Thread Starter

Thanks! Tank is 600L including sump volume, around 472L main tank. The tank is 150 x 60 x 57cm H. The return pump is the new Vectra L1 from EcoTech with a flow of 11200lph and 6.5max head height. The manifold will eventually run 2 phosphate reactors (one for carbon and one for GFO), a calcium reactor and one spare space for any additional expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendon likes this.
  7. Breado

Breado

Very very cool buddy

If u don't mind me asking what are all the bits and bobs called. Recognise the bends, ball valves but not sure of the others. I need to build some similar with a 3 valve output but dont know what exactly to ask for.

What diameter pipe did u use and if I may ask, what did it cost (ballpark)?

Thanks

8. SAReefer

SAReefer Thread Starter

Thanks! I used quite a few things... will do a diagram and post it on my new blog that's just getting up and running... I used ball valves, 90 degree elbow joints, unions (those random bits along the piping, basically they enable me to take apart sections of the pipe without vutting to add/remove things and to clean), 16mm barbed pipe flex-pipe connectors (at the end of the manifolds), a 16mm to 6mm push connector (on one of the manifold outlets to run the calcium reactor), and then I also used a check-valve on the upward section of the return. This is not necessary but I added it so that if the power ever goes off the return will not syphon back into the sump and overflow.

Piping sizes used were 40mm for the overflow and 32mm for the return. The biggest challenge was finding the tank connectors which are the pieces that go through the glass of the tank, they were really hard to find! I got all my plumbing from AStore and Poly Pipe Systems (check my blog at https://sareefer.wordpress.com/2016/09/04/tank-build-day-1-plumbing/ for more info). The plumbing in total cost around R1000. The most expensive parts were the double union ball valve (The blue one on the return) at around R260 and the Check Valve, also around R260. Piping only came in 6m lengths, but really cheap anyways, about R45 for 6m.

Brendon likes this.
  9. Breado

Breado

Thanks buddy. That's was a great help! Greatly appreciated

SAReefer likes this.
  10. Forbes

Forbes

Very neat, could you not have save two 90 degree bends by shortening the horizontal pipe?

Recent Posts