New petrol/diesel price

HenkHugo

Copperband
Reaction score
Johannesburg - The retail price of all grades of petrol will rise by 50c a litre next week, the minerals and energy department said on Friday.

The wholesale price of diesel 0.05% sulphur would increase by 71c per litre while diesel 0.005% sulphur would go up by 70c.
The wholesale price of illuminating paraffin would rise by 71c a litre and the single maximum national retail price for illuminating paraffin by 94c a litre. - Sapa

:errrr: :whoohoo: :huh_oh: :angry: :mumbles: :auto:

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
AAAAGGGGHHHHH - +-R950 per tank of Diesel for the Jeep! HOLY CRAP! WHERE ARE WE GOING TO????

WHY THE HELL! Perhaps I should also start thinking of relocating to a country where the petrol/diesel cost is MUCH more affordable - Saudi Arabia or United Arab Emirates perhaps....

OR Perhaps Swaziland? I believe that they their petrol/diesel from us (SA) and the people there are paying FAR less than we are!!!

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Lappies - Because DIESEL USED to be MUCH cheaper than petrol, and you still get (most likely - what do you drive?) close to OR over a 1000km's per tank! Where petrol cars MOSTLY get around 600-700km's per tank.....

For me - the HUGE difference in filling up between my BM (2.2 litre petrol - 63 litre tank) and the Jeep (2.8 turbo-diesel - 78 litre tank) just does not justify me using the Jeep to work anymore. My wife now drives the Jeep (actually "my car") and I drive her BM.... The difference in Rand value, between filling up the Jeep and filling up the BM, is around R380 (current petrol price).... (it costs +-R380 MORE to fill up the Jeep, than what it costs to fill up the BM).... I get +-550's on a tank with BM, while getting +-800km's on a tank with the Jeep....

lappiesreef

Cardinal
Reaction score
MM, let me think...Dec/Jan some time I think. Time these days just fly by...I'm so looking forward to my Dec trip I just want the year to fly buy...but with all these damn price increases my trip gets shorter and shorter...

I have a Micra 1.5 dCI so get around 21km/l.
The shit bit is the service every 10 000 km at R2000.

I'm still getting used to paying my own way...so these things cause me lots of sleepless nights...

HenkHugo

Copperband
Reaction score
no i dont dean... i'm a freaking terror on the road... poor guys like Jaqcie and IvanCross that lives close to me :p

Reef Maniac

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
The shit bit is the service every 10 000 km at R2000.
Be glad then that you're not driving my Volvo V50 diesel :whistling: Fuel consumption is great (5.8 - 6.0 l/100km) but the services are @"$%^&* expensive, now that I'm out of the service plan...

Hennie

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
05 years ago I decided to put in only R200.00 of fuel,and I still do it today. Moral of the story, I still pay R200.00 bucks for fuel....:p

Mekaeel

Reaction score
05 years ago I decided to put in only R200.00 of fuel,and I still do it today. Moral of the story, I still pay R200.00 bucks for fuel....:p
lol filled up R200 and picked the guage from quater to half tank.went to Andrews place and back home,guage was back at quater :lol: