New / old tank setup

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm back - hows every 1 keeping - was missing chatting to every1 - i was comtemplating sumthing - since my last mishap with topping up with NSW - i want to check with everthing b4 introducing more livestock - i am busy loading sum pics so i need your'lls 2c advice - will appreciate all i can get busy with this today the whole day so please bear with me - thanx

if i can help, i will

welcome back too

ok lets start with main tank dimensions length 1930cm x 620cm high x 600cm deep then water flows into a 600cm high x 500cm length x 160 deep 3 chamber tank (side of main tank) then falls into the sump with 990cm length x 500cm deep x 260cm high

sounds interesting

In my original setup i on the floor i had 25mm pipes with slots in them all connected to 5 uplift 32mm pipes with 10cm airstones in them - must i get rid of this or not?

You do not NEED airstones in marine tanks, IF your water surface is agitated enough by HUGE water flow inside your tank. Also - the skimmer supplies MORE than enough air to oxygenate the water thoroughly.....
So - YES - you can remove this....

BTW: have you now sorted your issue with the water salinity COMPLETELY, Chikaboo?

Were you able to get hold of a better skimmer and RO machine perhaps?

Ok as for The RO water spoke to the water shop i need to know - the 5 stage Ro filter system for kitchens is there no way to tap of there for the fish?

You can put in a T-piece and 2 taps out of the outlet, Chikaboo..... So, I presume that this is RO only, right? Not that it is a problem at all....
No DI stage to it?

BUT, were you able to get some RO water for in the "meanwhile"?

Yes from Oasis not bad price 80c a litre but i think over time it will b too expensive hence me looking for the units - i bought 100ltr for time being

ok bout the pipes and airstones i think let me show your'll a pic then your'll know what i'm talking bout

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi these r the pumps i had inside 2 x heto pumps 3 x viaaqua - so 5 in total turning the water inside the tank

148449705c500fcff.jpg

ok what bout this crushed coral can i use it or i have sea sand lots of it as well - must i use that in sump?
14844970608bdfa63.jpg

Back
Top Bottom