New Nano with Pics

try pratley putty to seal the pipe from the outside,but keep the pump off for atleast 24 hours

Id also go bare bottom,i dont know tank seems more clean like that to me,if I may ask how does that skimmer of yours work and what flowrate pump do you use on it cause ive got the same one

Will post details of the skimmer once it is up and running. I used to use it on my 1M * 0.5M * 0.5M, then it got replace with a reefoctopus DNW110, I think it runs off a 1000LPH pump.

Used the long weekend consturctively and got the nano running...

Here are some pics....
DSCN1552.jpg

View of the rear chambers...

DSCN1553.jpg

hey Jacquesb, I am guessing the cycling should be quick... 50% was water from the main reef, and the live rock is all from my on refugium.... the only part that is brand new is the DSB.... so gonna try put in the cleanup crew this weekend.

Is this tank going have to go through the whole cycle again?
I am not looking forward to a diatom bloom.

Live rock is from the main reef refugium, 50% water was from the main display, and the Chaeto was from the fuge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about putting in some clean up crew... hermit and snails next week, and some clowns in the middle of July.

DSB is 22cm deap, is that deep enough?, you can see there calcium level in the bottom section of the DSB.

Thanks Mekaeel,

As far as the lighting goes, currently I have 3 x 39W T5's, 2 * 10K geissmann, and 1 x geissmann actinic. But will maybe be replacing it with a MH T5 combo (150W x 1, 2 x 24W T5's).... Girlfriend loves clams....

Back
Top Bottom