New Nano Set-up

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just acquired Leosha's Nano. I set it up last night and everything survived and even look frisky :) Especially the clown, Lion fish and Cardinal. Even the mandarin is pecking all around the rock work. :slayer:

The water was a bit murky when I did the rock work and now I am not too happy with my handy work. I'm also not too sure of the sturdyness...

How long should I wait before attempting a new rock scape? I don't want to stress them again too soon I guess? The move was from JHB to PTA and took about 5 hours to complete... I only got to bed after 1, but all worth it for these beauty's. :)

great to hear it went to a good home, god luck with your venture

lappiesreef: congrats looks like a great tank! What kind of lionfish is it? I would advise against keeping a lionfish in a nano of that size

I am also a bit worried about the Lion. Leosha said it is a dwarf Lion.

I will still take pic's for you guys to double ID everything for me to be sure.

I think the tube anemone might also be a problem...

Although she had everything in there for more than 6 months without any problems...

I am setting up a 4FT L shaped tank and can move some of the guys to bigger waters if need be.

The 4ft will take a while to set-up though since the Nano srained my funds :)

Nice buy :)

I think between every major event you should let the livestock settle for a couple of days before you carry on, continued stress will kill them, but stress every 3 or 4 days I reckon they can handle that.

Thanks Viper.

I'll play with the 4FT in the meen time then. The 3FT sump is allot of work to set-up...

lappiesreef: I think the lion fish would be happier in your larger tank, 24G is just not big enough even though its a dwarf. Also the tube anemone has been rumored to kill fish (even clowns), however if all has been ok you might just be in luck ;)

lol, lappiesreef: every now and then people get lucky, you my friend are one of those people :thumbup:

Fantastic tank tho mate, post some pics when all is settled!

Will do. Leaosha was very kind to me and my student budget as well. It was a steal I think. She is really a great lady. Very loving with her pets...

Nice buy, one of the better nano around.

The lion is going have to foind a new home, he will grow to 15cm in length. Also you have to get him eating prepared food and lots of it or your other fish will be in danger.

The tube anenemoes are really cool, must target feed or it will eat your fish, any fish.

Well done on a good buy and good luck

THanks Warr

So far the lion Eats everything...

I'll definately target feed the tube. THis one is soooo beatifull. It is purple with green centre plus green sripes going up the tenticles...

sounds cool man,looking forward to the pics

O.K. So I got the tank on Tuesday and got them all in as soon as I could.

Here is a few pics of what the tank looked like lasy night. Not as great as Leasha had it, but I am happy that all the live stock (my babies) seem happy :)

lappiesreef: upload all your images to masa (click the "image host" button at the top), once its uploaded just copy and paste the one that has
tags

Let me try that. I have been trying reef clips now, but it takes too long. I am analysing sequences and trying to upload pic on the side...

lappiesreef: i'd advise you upload to MASA because some businesses block sites like photobucket etc. ;)

A few of the night time pics. Cause they small. Now to figure out how to make the other pics fit J

Back
Top Bottom