New Nano Reef Enthusiast.

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I recently started with the Hobby and it's been quite an adventure.

Currently I have set up a 60l tank that's on day 4 of cycling.

Pretty excited about learning from all the seasoned veterans... might have to start making some room for a huge tank soon :tt2:

Well we hear are pretty much picture crazy. So upload a few pics of the entire setup then we can help a little better

Last edited:
Sure thing, Will take some pics when I get home.
Don't expect too much though ... I reached my budget for the month so I have one live rock in there...

I have however seen that a crab has hitched a ride with the rock ... also some very tiny shrimp that come out when the lights go out.

Hitch hiker crabs are usually no good. The "small shrimp" are most likely pods. Great in any tank

aaah ok do are they harmful to coral or other inverts?

Also just out of interest, at what size tank is a tank no longer considered a nano reef tank?

130litre and up is no longer nano

They can be harmful. They are opportunistic eaters and will eat anything

Last edited:
Ok so this is what I have.
Side hanging filter and protein skimmer, heater, powerhead and then a LED Light. Will have to find out specifics and post a bit later.

Only one Live Rock so far since I stretched my budget a bit for the month :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

My Main aim was budget so most of the products I have in my nano is dophin. From what I can see is that it's some sort of carbon cartridges that need to be changed after a while.

Just another quick question. What water do you guys use to top up your tank? I'm thinking distilled water from a Spar or something.

EDIT: changed to top up tank... what I meant not fill it up completely :p

Last edited:
Rather use RO water that can be purchased from you lfs

Carbon will need to be changed atleast monthly. If there is filter matt these will need to be cleaned regulary or if you buy a roll and cut to size replace very regularly

Cool will get some this weekend since I'm starting to see my water level drop.

Back
Top Bottom