New Nano Boyu MT-408

Reaction score
I have started another nano as my aquaria amw37L is running out of space and wanted to try something a little different with this nano set up.

Equipment:
Boyu MT-408
Boyu WG-310 Skimmer
50w heater

mods to be done:
add ATO
Add Media Reactor
Upgrade Lighting

Some Aquascaping pics

DSC_1524.jpg

DSC_1526.jpg

DSC_1525.jpg

after running the tank for 3 weeks, dosing seachem stability. I added the skimmer about a week ago but it still needs to break in and need to address the micro bubbles in the display tank, added a few pieces of live rock from year old nano to help everything along.

this weekend, i moved my little clown duo into their new playground. a couple of hermits too

DSC_1589.jpg

DSC_1588.jpg

I like the arch.

@clownaround - would you mind posting or sending me a photie of the sump and skimmer setup?

I have the same tank and I am also looking into some upgrades, especially LED lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still very basic, first chamber, filter floss, carbon sponge. second chamber skimmer, third chamber. phospguard, seachem matrix stones, heater return pump. will be fitting ATO this weekend hopefully and in tow minds about fitting external media reactor.

DSC_1619.jpg

Please excuse my ignorance...what is ATO abbreviated for? Also, where can I get a hold of a WG-310 skimmer like yours?

BTW...looks like it is shaping up to be a nice setup.

apologies, some call it ATU . auto top up unit or as I call it Auto Top Off unit. it's a device that will automatically add RO water to your aquarium as the water evaporates. this allows you to keep your salinity levels alot more constant. I'm sure if you search ATU on this site, you'll find some good info. they can be pricey but for me I do with a make shift one that costs around 220 Rond for the unit, pump and some tubing. mt system is a little flawed but has worked well for me so far.

the wg310 skimmer I got from my LFS "local fish store". I'm sure there are other nano skimmers that will fit. this was the only one I had access to that I didn't have to order or try source. it's not they greatest but if you are patient and prepared to play with it a bit it settles down into good little skimmer for what I need it for

Back
Top Bottom