new members

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am from Gauteng (East Rand) and have been a marine enthusiast for a very long time. Have had several tanks and then just buy a bigger one incorporate the old stuff and 'Viola'.

Is there somewhere a glossary of all these abbreviations you guys are using so that I am on the same page - it is confusing - some I have figured out for myself but others I am stoked.

Welcome to MASA Animalia, there is a glossory sdomewhere, i'll see if i can find it.

A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA Animalia! I am VERY glad that you found us, and joined MASA!

Have a look at our MASAPedia for questions and answers. Also on the Acronyms:
Main Page - Marine Aquariums of South Africa - wiki

Otherwise - just ask which acronyms you want explanations for.... and we will be GLAD to answer your questions!

Please post some pics of your tank/s as well...
Also elaborate on your life stock/hardware/pumps/skimmers/lighting, etc....

Thanks i found it Copied it and untill I know it - printed and pasted next to my screen - now I dont feel like an idiot!

hi welcome to MASA, LOL you will get the hang of the language very quickly.

Welcome to Masa Animalia. If you currently have a setup please share some pictures with us and tell us more about the tank, lights, sump(if any), filtration, water parameters etc.
We love pics ;)

THanks guys - will do have small tank (3 ft) with a 50 litre sump. Run a skimmer and Uv light in the sump with filtration media. Will post pictures but is busy with a 1000 litre setup.

Welcome to MASA :)

Welcome animalia, so good to have new memebers:)

glad to hear you are studying hard, i'm afriad there are lots of IT folk in reefing and they shorten everything into acronyms, they even swear at me and i agree simply cause I dont know what ubf means. (ask puppy he uses it all the time!)

sounds like u have a good handle of keeping things which swim wet, now lets see what we can do to help you keeping salty things alive:)

oh and that teasing info on a 1000l system def needs to be expanded on :)

Back
Top Bottom